Visit To Palmetto State Armory Greenville SC

This is a discussion on Visit To Palmetto State Armory Greenville SC within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; WOW ! What ammo shortage ? .22LR, jacketed HP, lead point, 50 and 100ct with NO limit ! I thought the 100ct jacketed HP was ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Jaybm

Thread: Visit To Palmetto State Armory Greenville SC

Visit To Palmetto State Armory Greenville SC

WOW !

What ammo shortage ? .22LR, jacketed HP, lead point, 50 and 100ct with NO limit !
    I thought the 100ct jacketed HP was a lil pricy at $11.99 but I picked up several.
    Oh, these were CCI mini mags btw.

Primers, powder, used, clean and uncleaned brass but no .357 mag. Had some Sig.
    Lots of ammo !

GUNs ... holy cow ! Most long and hand guns I've seen in a real long time. I did handle
    a Ruger P101 ... still think they're sexy but their weight and 12lb da trigger is not for me.
    AR's like you wouldn't believe.

Worth the trip just to look and feel the different guns, very friendly staff.

There's an Academy right close that just might be feeling the pinch but I didn't have the
    time to check them out.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    And soon Cabela's will be across the street. Yu shoul dbe able to find anything within a couple of blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybm View Post
    WOW !

What ammo shortage ? .22LR, jacketed HP, lead point, 50 and 100ct with NO limit !
    I thought the 100ct jacketed HP was a lil pricy at $11.99 but I picked up several.
    Oh, these were CCI mini mags btw.

Primers, powder, used, clean and uncleaned brass but no .357 mag. Had some Sig.
    Lots of ammo !

GUNs ... holy cow ! Most long and hand guns I've seen in a real long time. I did handle
    a Ruger P101 ... still think they're sexy but their weight and 12lb da trigger is not for me.
    AR's like you wouldn't believe.

Worth the trip just to look and feel the different guns, very friendly staff.

There's an Academy right close that just might be feeling the pinch but I didn't have the
    time to check them out.

What!!! You passed on an SP101? Sacrilege! Trigger is not that bad once you get the feel for it. Gun is such a joy to carry. Glad to see that the ammo is getting out there more and more. Maybe soon I will be able to have money and find ammo at the same time soon.

Still an ammo shortage of all the above when you go to their web site. No .22LR to be had at all.

Hey, have you visited any of the Palmetto State Armory stores in Columbia?

Quote Originally Posted by FDWildman View Post
    Still an ammo shortage of all the above when you go to their web site. No .22LR to be had at all.
    Their website also lacks this horde of ARs they apparently do not want to sell.
    British by birth. American by choice.

Nope, Columbia is a tad far to drive.

I asked about their website and the fella behind the gun counter said "the website is very unreliable".
    I can believe that when just about every firearm is "out of stock" and the cases were full at the store.

I forgot to ask about the range details, supposed to open next month.

Yeah I know about the SP101 ... been admiring them for for some time. They had a stainless .38 sp and I
    think I may have helped sell it ... $449 + tax. Young man couldn't wait till I handed it back and asked
    to see it. They had a blued .357 GP 100 with rosewood grips ... I fondled it but wouldn't look at the
    price tag.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar

They have some great deals. I just got a lower AND 10 PMags from them for cheaper than I can get 10 PMags from any of the gun stores in the area.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Distinguished Member
    Woo hoo, I see a road trip in the horizon! We got a bunch of SC folks here, what about a meet up in Greenville Armory? Jaybm said he is buying the beer after the shopping spree!
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Good to hear their brick and mortar has good customer service....because their online sales staff doesn't. Been waiting 7 days for an order to ship, was given the run around yesterday, a call was not returned today, and they've charged my card already! I've ordered two other orders from a competitor of theirs after I placed my PSA order, and received both of the other orders already (and they came from a neighboring state to PSA). Surprised they can afford to be this disjointed and slow with all of the competition out there.

A few more days and I'll be filing a claim with Visa.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

Links