if you are still wondering about problems with the new gen 4 glocks......

This is a discussion on if you are still wondering about problems with the new gen 4 glocks...... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have had 500 rounds rounds of 9mm set aside while I saved up for a gen4 19. 200 rounds of WWB, 200 of fed. ...

Thread: if you are still wondering about problems with the new gen 4 glocks......

I have had 500 rounds rounds of 9mm set aside while I saved up for a gen4 19. 200 rounds of WWB, 200 of fed. champion, and 100 rounds of my favorite carry ammo, Winchester rangers. I finially got my new gen4 19 yesterday. I set aside all that ammo because I knew I would want to carry the new 19 right away. Obviously I would have to run it hard first chance I got to get it EDC ready. I picked the two cheapest 9mm value packs to see if they would fail and my favorite carry ammo to see if it would cycle. My new glock 19 was born in June of this year. Today I had a very fun expensive range day and NOT ONE SINGLE ISSUE. Not even brass to the face. Just thought I would share since I had seen I few people still questioning the gen 4s on this site and others. Never shot so many rounds in one day, probably wont ever again, but I had to make sure.

Congratulations on your new pistol! I have a g19 gen 4, and it's been flawless as well. I guess they opened a can of raid at the glock factory, because gen 4 bugs are few and far between these days.

I bought my Glock 19 gen 4 a little over a year ago. I to have tried several different brands of ammo and it has never given me any problems. I have only put a little over three hundred through it. It is my edc gun and feel that it will function with out any problems should I ever need it to in a bad situation.

Distinguished Member
    I waited until two weeks ago to buy my Gen4 Glock 19 after buying two new Glock 26's when they first came out and had them bad out of the box and they were not supposed to be the problem Gen 4's either. It was enough to swear me off new Glocks until now. I have only put 200 rounds through it but I used about 5 brands of FMJ and JHP's with not one glitch. In my 40+ years of shooting I have found that if I get past 200 rounds with a new gun it will not have a problem until a lot more rounds go through it. Enough to weaken the recoil spring but I have never kept a gun that long to experience it. :)

Although all the rest of my guns are either SA semi autos or DA revolvers, are all metal, feel better in my hand, produce pride of ownership and evoke some kind of feeling in me, I would pick the Glock 19 if I could only own one gun. I find it soulless and have traded in 7 Glocks in the last two years when I want to buy a new gun because Glocks do not stir me to keep them. However, the 19's grip is just long enough for my hand, easy enough to make any changes I want without the use of a gunsmith and reliable enough that I do not worry about them like I normally do with semi autos. A Glock 19 in my hand inspires more confidence than any of my sub compacts do and that goes a long way to winning a gun fight. The only other gun I own that I would consider a real fighting gun is my Sig P229. However, that is bigger and heavier than my Glock 19.
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

Nice! I personally am a Springfield guy have 3 XDm and an XDs .45. What made me go with XDm is that before I bought my first gun I went to a few ranges and kept getting brass with the Glocks (every one I tried was a Gen 3). However, I do like the stock triggers on the Glock more than the XDm. Reading your post makes me want to give a Gen 4 a chance.

Yup, G19 Gen 4, excellent pistol for all occasions. Right at about 1000 rounds through mine without a single malfunction of any kind. I will say that, I do wish the Glocks had a better trigger outta the box. It sucks to have to upgrade the trigger to get to the accuracy of some of the other pistols I own. Case in point. I can easily out do any of my Glocks with any of my Kahrs. I like the Glock better, but the level of accuracy is enough to make me want to carry my PM9 over my G26 Gen 4. Probably gonna do a trigger upgrade on my Gen 4 G26 and see how it effects my overall performance; if alls good there I'll add the same to my G19.

OP, congrats on the new Glock. You made an excellent choice.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

glock with issue never that could never happen. They are what they are they have issue and always will.
    Because people have issue

I was totally gonna say that.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I had mentioned this in another thread, but I have a G27, born date of May 2013: I (shockingly to me) had 10 failure to fire in the first 250 rounds. This was with three different brands of ammo, so I considered "ammo issue" ruled out. Comparing that to the other Glock I have (G23 gen4) with >1000 rounds, 0 FTE/FTF issues, I knew something was up.

I called Smyrna and talked with one of the QA guys there and I was sent a new recoil spring assembly as my light primer marks were off-centered. Since the spring replacement, 0 issues with about 300 rds through it.

I know Glock had some issues with the springs when the gen4s first came out. I really believe that was resolved and I just had a "bum spring" in mine.

No complaints here, though; Glock handled it professionally and quickly (and without the need for me to send the G27 to them!). I just avoided using the G27 as an EDC until I was convinced the issue was resolved.
    Last edited by southernwi; August 25th, 2013 at 02:26 PM. Reason: added bit about ammo.
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

Sponsored Links