Colorado Dem leader calls self defense “absurd”

This is a discussion on Colorado Dem leader calls self defense “absurd” within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Colorado Peak Politics - Colorado Dem leader calls self defense ?absurd? Notable quotes from the article: Hullinghorst believes that the only defense is “law and ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: Colorado Dem leader calls self defense “absurd”

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Colorado Dem leader calls self defense “absurd”

Colorado Peak Politics - Colorado Dem leader calls self defense ?absurd?

Notable quotes from the article:

Hullinghorst believes that the only defense is “law and order.” That people will not commit crimes simply because there are laws against criminal activity. According to Colorado Democrats, women should leave their guns at home and the next time a woman is threatened with rape, she should simply remind her assailant that his activity is actually against the law. Or, when an intruder enters your home, yell out, “You’re trespassing!”
    Ya, that will work!

The short of it, Democrats trust criminals to do the right thing over law-abiding citizens.
    and the full interview

Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    She is obviously smoking something far stronger than I ever did. A true space cadet.
    manolito, OD*, 357and40 and 4 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    I would like to read a full transcript of what she said before drawing conclusions. However, I will say it would not surprise me if the summary did not miss the mark.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I like it when they let their guard down and let people see their true inner moron.
    PEF, msgt/ret, OD* and 16 others like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I would guess there would be no need for police because everybody will obey the laws no enforcement required.

These are the types of people that have never been in contact with a bad person. When their day comes I hope they live through it so they can experience what we already know. Our survival is our responsibility. I thought we had all the wackos in California.
    Sledge likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Honestly, I don't begrudge her for her opinions, and would never want try to define happiness for her or demand that she pursue it in any manner not of her choosing. Why I hate her (not too strong a word for me when discussing totalitarian sphincters) is that she would not afford me the same civilized courtesy, but rather truly enjoys applying force to law abiding people to make them conform to her definitions and opinions, and she does this with the approval of her own twisted conscience, over inflated ego, and all with a total disregard for her oath of office.
    maxwell97, TVJ, Mardet65 and 16 others like this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

If they truly believed in no self defense by now they would be extinct. No this is just a canard they wish to foist on the rest of us.
    CIBMike and Rock and Glock like this.

Well now I get it! That makes perfect sense, history now says we have "law and order" so I'm perfectly safe! Where's the closest gun buyback? Since I'm safe, I'm going to go get me some extra cash!
    warbirds likes this.

I love it when they try to go off script.
    OD* and blitzburgh like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Utopia is a pipe-dream hallucinated by simple-minded dullards with niether foot grounded in reality.

I guarantee if real world bad guys were to invade her home or (shudder at the thought) attempt to rape her, she would do an about-face pretty darn quick.

sent from my phone using swype. pardon the spelling.
    OD* and Chaplain Scott like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Utopia is a pipe-dream hallucinated by simple-minded dullards with niether foot grounded in reality.

I guarantee if real world bad guys were to invade her home or (shudder at the thought) attempt to rape her, she would do an about-face pretty darn quick.

sent from my phone using swype. pardon the spelling.
    I think in her case she would be on the phone demanding to know why the police did not catch the criminals before they invaded her house.
    OD*, bmcgilvray, 357and40 and 2 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Honestly, I don't begrudge her for her opinions, and would never want try to define happiness for her or demand that she pursue it in any manner not of her choosing. Why I hate her (not too strong a word for me when discussing totalitarian sphincters) is that she would not afford me the same civilized courtesy, but rather truly enjoys applying force to law abiding people to make them conform to her definitions and opinions, and she does this with the approval of her own twisted conscience, over inflated ego, and all with a total disregard for her oath of office.
    Very well put.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    That's a nice thought 357 and 40, but I am reminded of the "journalist" (I use quotes dispite his mountains of peer supplied awards (for his radical leftist views rather than reporting skill IMO) Robert Fisk who was totally sympathetic to the Iraqi mob AS it tried to tear him and his crew limb from limb. These are true believers in totalitarian ideology, and that the powerful and elite ought to dictate, command, and use force on the plebeans acording to their enhanced and perfected morality. These are not merely staryeyed hippies wishing for utopia. These are hard core Stalinists (that's the most correct poly SCI term for them) who honestly believe they're benevolent geniuses and you're an ignorant hayseed who must be controlled and dominated by force.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Here is her vision of a well-defended citizenry:
    http://news.yahoo.com/photos/rep-dic...024402200.html
    Bad Bob likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

She should say this to the family of Chris Lane. Or maybe the victims of the Aurora Theater, because by her standard, the victims are at fault since no one told the shooter what he was doing was against the law.
    tdave likes this.
    Kahr CW380, Kahr P9, Walther P99AS

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links