Holsters for belt carry

This is a discussion on Holsters for belt carry within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There has to be a holster for belt carry that looks like a camera case or phone case. I thought Uncle Mike PDA holster would ...

Thread: Holsters for belt carry

Holsters for belt carry

There has to be a holster for belt carry that looks like a camera case or phone case. I thought Uncle Mike PDA holster would be it but it looks too small for even a snubbie.

Too hot in FL for anything other than a t-shirt. Too much lard pushing out against the waist band already for a Inside the Pants Holster.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. Remove Ads

If I remember correctly, there is a holster called Sneaky Pete that looks like a cell phone case for super small micro pistols like the LCP.

VIP Member
    Think about it: If it looks like a cell phone case or a camera case it won't hold anything more than a teeny tiny gun. Something closer to a fanny pack in size, or an actually fanny pack gun bag screams "I'm carrying" but will hold a gun that is big enough to do you some good.

Alternate idea: How about an in the pocket holster? I have one made by Mika and one by Remora. Just ordered 2 more IWB/pocket holsters from Remora. Love them!
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Even with a Ruger LCP, the smallest holster you're going to find is about twice as wide as the average cell phone case. Larger guns will of course require larger holsters. Is that what you want, OWB in a shape that large and visible?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have a Sneaky Pete for a pf9 that I use all the time in the Summer. It is comfortable in any position and I attached a three dimensional Red Cross on the cover flap to throw off prying eyes. I'm an old dude so a medic type logo is normal. Anyone younger might use an electronic decal. Or nothing at all.

SneakyPete
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    ― Edward R. Murrow

What kind of gun?

If it's really small, the IPS holster may work. I P S Holster

If it's not small enough to find an on the belt option you like, my suggestion is to go to either pocket or AIWB carry.

I carry a G20 in the AIWB position is summer attire every year, daily, and I'm 5-9 175-180 pounds. I wouldn't carry a chambered SAO this way, but it is a very viable method of carry, if done safely.

Links