Walther PPK in 9 mm?

This is a discussion on Walther PPK in 9 mm? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was watching an episode of "The Good Wife" and a character picked up a Walther PPK and said: "Walther PPK 9 mm." I thought ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oldskeetshooter

Thread: Walther PPK in 9 mm?

VIP Member

Walther PPK in 9 mm?

I was watching an episode of "The Good Wife" and a character picked up a Walther PPK and said: "Walther PPK 9 mm." I thought the Walther PPK is chambered for .380. Do they make a regular 9 mm? I know the .380 is also known as a 9 mm Kurz, but was the show correct or not?
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    You expect the movie/TV industry to be correct when it comes to guns?

At the very best they are trying not confuse the general non-gun knowledgeable public with throwing in a caliber they have never heard of. At the worst they are showing their stupidity. At least they didn't say it was a 9mm Makarov!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Just a few days ago I was thinking that I wish they made the PPK in 9mm
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Yep, they make them, PPK in 9mm---- "Kurz"
    onacoma likes this.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Just a few days ago I was thinking that I wish they made the PPK in 9mm
    Now you know where to get one, call the Good Wife and she bring it to you!

My "She Who Must Be Obeyed" would tell be to stop daydreaming and get to work on the Honey Doos!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    The Walther PP series was chambered in .22, 6.35mm (except PPK/S), 7.65mm, and 9mmK. A 9mm Parabellum PP series pistol has never been made for production. There exists one prototype that doesn't resemble any of the current or formerly manufactured PP series that was experimented with back in the late '30's. No, it was not the Model 6.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Links