my next glock

my next glock

This is a discussion on my next glock within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Never thought I'd say it but ever since I bought my gen3 g19 I LOVE GLOCKS. Now I'm not biased like some glock fan boys, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: my next glock

my next glock

Never thought I'd say it but ever since I bought my gen3 g19 I LOVE GLOCKS. Now I'm not biased like some glock fan boys, I still love m&p's, I have several rugers hence my username, and I like the xd's. However I'm already looking for my next glock and I was just wanting some input on my future purchase. I'm not particularly looking for a carry gun, but more of a range and night stand gun. Glocks I've looked at: g22, g26, g17, g21. I'm leaning more towards the 22 because of the amount of them and the price of police trade ins but I'm open to opinions. Thanks!
    DetChris likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    You're not cheating if you like more than one mark.

I've had a hankerin' for a G31 or G32 for a long time, but can't afford a case of ammo let alone find any.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

my next glock

Good line of thought and welcome to the Austrian polymer addiction! IMO go up and down the 9mm lineup. 17, 34 and especially the 26. The G26 is arguably the best carry gun in existence. Hides like nothing, reliable to a fault, accurate, simple and high capacity (10+1 from the factory mag and buy a G17 mag for backup that holds 17 rounds. That's 28 rounds at your ready. Good stuff!)

Good luck with your next purchase and post pics or it never happened!

VIP Member
    Like many other people, my first Glock was a 19. Then I got a 17 because it was still a "legal" length for competitive shoots. Then I got a 34. Then I traded in the 19 for a 26. I carry the 26 and use the 34 at the range. I LOVE the long barrel even though I don't need it! The 17 is now my "spare Glock". (And because of physical limitations I can't shoot larger calibers on a regular basis). Hubby also has his collection of most sizes of the Glocks in .40 and .45.

For a night stand gun I highly recommend trijicon sights. My G26 is "mounted" on my side during the day and rests in a holster fastened to the side of my nightstand all night. I predict that if you get a 34 it will go to the range with you regularly and often!

We also have wheel guns and etc., but for semi autos I can't imagine shooting anything but a Glock.
    rugerdude12 likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I sort of worked my way out of the full sized Glock models over the years. Now it's just the compacts and sub-compacts for me.
    I agree with night sights is a must for the "night stand" pistol. A flashlight/laser combo is also very nice to have attached to the rail.
    I don't have a dedicated 'night stand' pistol actually. It's usually what I've been carrying during the day. If I did have a dedicated stay at home night stand pistol it would be a 45ACP most likely. But you could also consider a two-for-one pistol, maybe 357SIG for carry and 40S&W for home?
    I've had a hankerin' for a G31 or G32 for a long time, but can't afford a case of ammo let alone find any.
    I bought some 125gr GDHPs a few months ago online from Ventura Munitions all came in one big box loose, but even with shipping was a good deal. Now, if you already have a G23 or G27, all you'll need is a 357SIG barrel for it. Did the swap on my G27 and I'm really liking it. Boxes of 357SIG show up once in a while retail around here. It's not really in high demand, so I'm finding it. They don't stock a whole lot because it isn't in high demand while just about everything else seems to be.
    Okay, didn't mean to get off subject here.
    I'm leaning more towards the 22 because of the amount of them and the price of police trade ins but I'm open to opinions.
    If the price is right, then that's a good consideration. My opinion won't help you survive an encounter. I do think the 40S&W caliber is a good choice however.

VIP Member
    +1 on staying in the 9mm line.

If you get the 26 it will turn into one of your favorite guns.

If you do switch calibers I would recommend the 30. Great shooter, still very concealable if you need to, and 10 rounds of .45, gotta love it. The 21 is my nightstand gun.

haha thanks! I have always heard that the 26 is a huge favorite among glock guys. plus I have always liked the 9mm round and will probably do just what you said and experience the whole line. and I absolutely will post some pictures!
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

by the way I LOVE this forum. everyone is really helpful and nice and you always get a reply , I never see any negativity or jerks on here like you see in some sites. thanks!

I carry my G26 Gen 4 everyday and I love it.

Glock 19 and 26 are a team.

DetChris and Wickked like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I love my g26! Gonna save up for another one. g19 does looke sexy next to the g26

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

my next glock

Quote Originally Posted by rugerdude12 View Post
    haha thanks! I have always heard that the 26 is a huge favorite among glock guys. plus I have always liked the 9mm round and will probably do just what you said and experience the whole line. and I absolutely will post some pictures!
    You'll be really happy with Glock's 9mm line. Quite simply, Glock is the best a making their 9mm models. They, after all, started with the 9mm when the model 17 came to the market in 1982. My Glocks 19 and 26 have been absolutely FLAWLESS with well over 1k rounds thru each. Not. One. Malfunction. Not a single one. Pull the trigger. Bang. You'll be happy sticking to 9mm :)

Welcome to the forum!
    zonker1986 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerdude12 View Post
    by the way I LOVE this forum. everyone is really helpful and nice and you always get a reply , I never see any negativity or jerks on here like you see in some sites. thanks!
    There is a good serving of sarcasm though! But most of it is I'm good fun!

Want to try it out? Just say "clips" :)
    zonker1986 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    My current glocks (including wife's) 19, 26, 23. I'm thinking of selling my 23 and getting another 26. I'm thinking simplify, go all 9 mm. Course then I need a buyer for my 23 plus 4 mags and 450 rounds. Sigh, hate to give up my 23. They are like family. I'm still thinking about this one.

Nice thing about glocks, not too pricey and they go bang when you want them to go bang. If they go off inadvertently it is easy to figure out where to place the blame.
    cltyus1 likes this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

I used to have a bunch. Then I pared 'em down some. Offloaded the 22 and 23, as I never did care for the 40. I have a 19 (and always will), and I have a 31, as I have a soft spot for the 357 SIG. Both are Gen 4s, both have run perfect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links