FNX Problems

FNX Problems

This is a discussion on FNX Problems within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I bought a FNX-9mm over a year ago. It's my first handgun purchased at the advice of the gun instructor of the armory where i ...

Thread: FNX Problems

FNX Problems

I bought a FNX-9mm over a year ago. It's my first handgun purchased at the advice of the gun instructor of the armory where i am a member. Sadly, in the last 4-months, virtually everytime i've used it at the range the gun has jammed. I am a novice so I asked the guy who sold me on the gun [who is an ex-marine] to try it. It jammed twice on him. He thought maybe the magazine's new spring is forcing bullets in too fast and suggested I go home and fill the mag to the max, hopefully loosening the spring. I did that but have not gone back to the range as yet. Also called FN USA. The guy who i spoke with on the phone told me maybe it was the bullets I used, inferring some brands might jam the gun. He suggested i experiment with different brands and try and figure out which brand of bullets don't jam the gun. He got quite testy when i said I bought a $650.00 gun and it did not give me much peace of mind to think some bullets might render the gun unpredictable. Especially now that ammo is not in great abundance, what if i can't get the right bullets? With possible social unrest looming on the horizon, I want a handgun I can depend on. He then responded, "Well mail it back then, what else can i tell you?" So, because i own a handgun and feel so uncertain about it, i am looking to maybe sell it to a nearby dealer and then buy the Beretta Storm, which the one rep said he has owned for a few years and it has never jammed on him. Any thoughts "out there"?

I don't own any FN handguns bug I've had 1911's that had bullets nose dive with new mags. The fix was to leave the mag full for a couple of days. After that never had a problem with the mags.

Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    I don't own any FN handguns bug I've had 1911's that had bullets nose dive with new mags. The fix was to leave the mag full for a couple of days. After that never had a problem with the mags.
    OK, that was the advice i was given from this guy from the range. As i said, my mag has been loaded for weeks but haven't had the time to hit the range. Hopefully this will be the simple solution to the problem. Thanks!

When I had an FNH 9 with problems I found their staff less than helpful. Good luck.

Sponsored Links