M&P9c, a little review

This is a discussion on M&P9c, a little review within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well it seems like forever since I bought a new toy. So I saw this LGS was having a sale on S&W's with 10% off. ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Sledge
  • 1 Post By knight65
  • 1 Post By Rollo

Thread: M&P9c, a little review

M&P9c, a little review

Well it seems like forever since I bought a new toy. So I saw this LGS was having a sale on S&W's with 10% off. I went in there looking for a M&P45 actually but they didn't have one. So I looked at the M&P9c. I had a M&P40c in the past and still kick myself for selling it. So I held the 9c in my hand and it was like rekindling an old romance Right away I said "I'll take it". Waited the mandatory Commie 10 days, and picked her up. Well, actually 13 days cause I was on vacation on the 10th day. That was last Thursday, cleaned and lubed her, hope my wife isn't reading this, and finally got her to the range today. The M&P feels god in the hand. Well balanced. Trigger feels pretty crisp too. No complaints there. Groups were pretty good for shooting it the first time, maybe 3" at 7 yards. I don't know if that's good or not but for me it is. hehe. Actually, most of the Commie 10 rd mag was within 2". Shot 50 fmj 115gr Independence and 50 Hornady critical duty 135gr standard pressure flawlessly. The Hornady groups were tighter. Very pleased with the 9c as I was with the 40c. I would rate this equally with my G26 but a little better looking
    Drgnfly and Kadelic like this.

2. Remove Ads

I had a M&P9c for a while and liked it for the most part. The ergonomics were AMAZING. I ended up selling it because the striker block broke. S&W replaced the broken part but I lost faith in it after that.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

"The M&P feels god in the hand."

A Freudian slip perhaps?
    Sledge likes this.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    My wife has a M&P9c . She wanted a lighter and slicker trigger pull so I installed a apex kit in it. Nice 4lb trigger pull now. I have only got to shoot it twice but darn that thing is easy to shoot well and is the most accurate pistol we have. darn sure better than my 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I had a M&P9c for a while and liked it for the most part. The ergonomics were AMAZING. I ended up selling it because the striker block broke. S&W replaced the broken part but I lost faith in it after that.
    Rollo have you found a gun that holds up to your curse???
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Agreed, it feels good in the hand. I would like to shoot a non MA complaint version as the 10.5lbs MA trigger on the one I shot was horridly long and gritty and so much take up I shot the ground anticipating the break. I have dry fired "trigger jobed" M&P's and they break nice but they dont break as crisp and sudden as my SR9c (almost NO take up at all). I feel my Ruger set my standards too high on cheaper striker compacts. However before shooting the M&P9c I almost traded in my Ruger for it as there are a lot more accessories and more and more gun shops are starting to smith them (including my LGS). Over all I say it is a very decent gun once getting used to it I was on point. I would still highly recommend it! (just look at the Ruger SR9c as well) :) for the price you cant beat it.. the 40c is nice as well.. im a sucker for the thumb safety on the 40 as I carry C1 and would get a 5lbs trigger job.

The 2013 trigger on the 9c is very nice. Long, nearly weightless pull, clean break, and an extremely short (and loud) reset.

I plan on buying a Ghost Tactical trigger to clean up the rest of what I can find wrong with it, should help the over travel and make the break even crisper and reset even shorter.. Sorry for jacking your thread ill shut up now about my Ruger.

GO SMITH AND WESSION!! still, like I said before, a very good gun the M&P is!

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Rollo have you found a gun that holds up to your curse???
    Yep! Glocks and Rugers :)
    DetChris likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

the 9C has been my carry gun for 2 years. Im not huge on S&W, but Ive always found this little gun to be sharp looking, and a very good fit for my purposes.

I am contemplating a ghost trigger on my Sr40C. I understand it is an easy drop in process..... I think I'll wait till i can afford both Night sights & trigger then send it to gunsmith.

No problems at all from my 9C. It is the current model with the new trigger. I can't really find anything negative to say about it.

Nice little gun. Mine gets better each trip to the range. Ive finally got back out to the range scince my wifes death from a self inflicted gun shot wound. Yes it was hard to do but that was a hump I needed to overcome. But anyway those are nice guns shoot and carry well. Enjoy yours. And be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Yep! Glocks and Rugers :)
    My two favorite brands. The man has taste!

OP - nice pickup on the M&P! May it serve you well!

Links