shoulder rig

shoulder rig

This is a discussion on shoulder rig within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; just picked up a shoulder rig yesterday, it will hold semi autos and revolvers full and compact sizes. can set it up for lefty or ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Stoveman
  • 1 Post By JDE101

Thread: shoulder rig

shoulder rig

just picked up a shoulder rig yesterday, it will hold semi autos and revolvers full and compact sizes. can set it up for lefty or righty and can have one gun on each side or just one gun and two mag puches. im using the right hand pistol and two mag pouches set up. going to use it during cold days were ill wear a coat or sweater and carry my G23 and have my G27 at 12oclock iwb for a bug. i was able to conceal the rig under a light sweater last night and we went to a restaurant and a couple stores with no problem..

Any one else use shoulder rigs for edc or every now and then?

VIP Member
    Yes. Use it for ATV riding, range time in the woods and travelling.

Miami Classic.
    Bad Bob likes this.

ya im definetly going to use it for in the woods shooting. using it for atv and traveling is also smart thanks for ideas

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Pics or it didn't happen.

I have a Miami Classic II I use at times when riding my Harley in cooler weather and when driving my pickup long distances. Also use it whenever I know I'll be sitting for long periods of time.
    patri0t likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Actually, a shoulder rig is my favorite carry method if possible. Fall to spring my go to EDC. Perfect for vehicle carry.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I wore a shoulder rig for 12 years in LE, both on & off duty. My favorite since it worked on my Bikes, MV, sitting, easy on/off, etc.
    It was for a .357Mag snubbie, so I did not need tie downs or mag holders.

Retired now, but I'm looking to get a simple, thin, leather one. Just can't decide for which sidearm to start with.... I've had bigger problems. LOL
    I've used a simple, inexpensive .45 shoulder rig on hot Summer days, under a baggy sweatshirt, when I had to go to Junktown.

Bianchi Leather Holsters, Concealment Holsters, Duty Holsters and Duty Gear - Vertical Shoulder Holster

I've used the Bianchi X-15 for both the full-sized Colt Government Model .45 Automatic and 4-inch K-Frame Smith & Wesson revolvers for years. The early X-15 didn't have the retention strap that is shown on the current model. I think I'd rather do without the retention strap. It's a really nice, practical, and relatively comfortable shoulder holster for all day use. I've gotten away from it in recent times in favor of the IWB style for wear beneath a suit coat or sport coat. The IWB holster is less fussy and perhaps a bit more comfortable. I still use this shoulder holster on occasions though. I have one from the late 1970s that's still going strong, even the elastic! I gave about $50 for it back then when belt holsters were mostly $7-$10. Bianchi was popular back then, sort of considered "up and coming." Don't know how popular they are now.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I have used a Galco rig for years.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

I use my Fist vertical shoulder holster every once in a while...very comfortable.
    I especially like it for long trips, and sometimes around town. It is now refit for my Glock-36 with a single mag pouch on the opposite side.
    I've had it for over 5 years, and was originally made for a Kimber, but when I sold that, I just ordered the parts (holster and mag pouch) needed to fit the Glock. They are not cheap, but definitely worth the money.
    Even on hot days, I can wear a T-shirt with a dark cover shirt...no problem.

(zf) #70 VERTICAL SHOULDER HOLSTER
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    I have a couple of shoulder rigs and find them very comfortable. Also easy to draw my gun from a standing or sitting position.

guides choice by diamonddcustomleather.com

At the moment the SW40VE is nestled in a light shoulder rig as I type this at home. Once im in for the night the pants come off and the sweats go on, and the shoulder rig with the 40.

It doubles as night time holster when im in bed hung over the door knob of my closet which is in arms reach from the bed. I hear a bump in the night and have time sling the holster over my shoulders and grab the sks or 12 ga with the 40 for back up.

If no time just jerk the 40 out of the holster and ready to rock the bedroom itself from the comfort of my pillow.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Links