Which air rifle for Christmas?

This is a discussion on Which air rifle for Christmas? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I may ask my wife for a nice pellet gun for Christmas. We just closed on our first house today, and our house is on ...

Thread: Which air rifle for Christmas?

I may ask my wife for a nice pellet gun for Christmas.

We just closed on our first house today, and our house is on a full acre. I can't shoot real guns since it's in city limits, but I could get away with a pellet gun.

My dad has a 1000 fps GAMO air rifle, and it's pretty decent even with a cheap scope on it. I'd like something like that, but what are some other good options for $100-150.

Something accurate, very high-velocity, single pump action, not multi-pump or CO2.

Thanks!
    Proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy:
    http://www.xanga.com/jaltered

I have a severely underused GAMO. I like it alot, but don't feel like shooting it when I go to the range (like my other toys that give me a louder bang) and recently found out it was a no-no to shoot in the vacant area outside our subdivision. (Yes I was being safe, I just learned that I have to be something like1/4 mile from any structure to shoot a firearm and they classify my pellet gun as a firearm for this purpose.) 1,100fps is pretty cool from a pellet gun though.

Did you have to ask?

There's only ONE airgun! The Official Red Rider Carbine Action 200 Shot Range Model Air Rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing which tells tells time.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by razorblade View Post
    Did you have to ask?

There's only ONE airgun! The Official Red Rider Carbine Action 200 Shot Range Model Air Rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing which tells tells time.
    lol! Do they make with with tac rails and a laser?

I really like my Benjamin and my Sheridans, great value in that price range.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Airsoft type you can shoot in the basement.

You may want to check on the local statutes about air rifles being fired in town because some places concider they fall under the dangerous weapon catagory and are illegal to use with in town limits.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Does it have to be a rifle? I got one of these a while back. They're great fun and come with all the gadgets you see. They run around $150 online. They're gre great for taking care of small critters at night without waking up the family or the neighbors.

Walther Nigthawk

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

heck, if you wanna get real out there with an airsoft gun, you can get a remake of the Pulse Rifle from Aliens

http://www.redgrin.com/product_info.php/products_id/347 although a little too pricy to have fun with, without a guilty conscious.

For a cheaper alternative, I'd go with Sixto's Benjamin. You can't beat an old classic.

wow ! theres all kinds of products available in air guns...
    I'm old school though, I still like the benjamin,sheridans, and gamo
    pumps.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

You might consider the CZ air rifle. I got mine (and three more later) on line for less than $100. It's single action Pump, very accurate, and is rated around 750fps (I think). It dropped a fox at thirty yards - not bad for a pellet gun !

I would recommend a Benjamin Sheridan! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    You may want to check on the local statutes about air rifles being fired in town because some places concider they fall under the dangerous weapon catagory and are illegal to use with in town limits.
    Be a real good idea to do that.

I called one of the local Sgt's. before letting grandson shoot on our acre inside the city limits. He said it's against the law here - but also said he sets up a range in his garage for his kids.

+1 benjamin. I had a .22 pellet rifle that was pretty impressive for $99 bucks. Well, as impressive as pellet rifles can get.
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

Links