Well Armed Women

This is a discussion on Well Armed Women within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As the saying goes the more the merrier,and more to help fight for gun rights,and learn how to protect theirselves. Straight Shooters: Well Armed Woman ...

Like Tree18Likes
  • 5 Post By Manderinobyebye
  • 2 Post By Kilowatt3
  • 2 Post By Stoveman
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh
  • 3 Post By patri0t
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh
  • 4 Post By Manderinobyebye

Thread: Well Armed Women

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar

Well Armed Women

As the saying goes the more the merrier,and more to help fight for gun rights,and learn how to protect theirselves.

Straight Shooters: Well Armed Woman - The Observer Group
    Sister, BurgerBoy, Buler and 2 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

awesome!

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    It is a good thing and more to try and help protect our gun rights

My wife has had her concealed carry permit since 1992 and carries an S&W .357 magnum revolver.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

At the Gun Show last weekend, there was a booth for a ladies' group called the "PMS Shooters Society" (IIRC). Protection - Marksmanship - Safety

Hoping to get Mrs. KW interested in it.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

VIP Member
    It is a good thing for all people to learn at least the basics .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It's good to see more ranges conducting courses catering to women. There's been a huge surge of new GSs and ranges opening around here since 2008. Imagine that.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    I absolutely LOVE IT that more women are entering the firearm arena. WELCOME SISTERS IN ARMS!!!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    At the Gun Show last weekend, there was a booth for a ladies' group called the "PMS Shooters Society" (IIRC). Protection - Marksmanship - Safety

Hoping to get Mrs. KW interested in it.

The Mrs. must be a charter member....... She attends meetings 6 - 7 days of every month.....
    blitzburgh and BurgerBoy like this.

The more the merrier, indeed.
    Manderinobyebye likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I taught my wife to shoot when I was still a State Trooper and she thought 'Gun-Control' was a 'Reasonable Idea'.... same as her entire family.

Now that we're retired, she won't check the mail without a sidearm. When we leave a store and walk to our car, she doesn't rely on me in the least.
    She is totally aware and always ready. When we pass some Thugish-Looking guys in the lot.... I notice her hand slip discreetly into her ccw-purse.
    God help the clown who grabs her.

Her elderly mother once saw her sidearm in her purse and asked her, "What are you so afraid of?"
    She said, "Besides running out of ammo, Absolutely Nothing." (quite an outlook for a retired school principle)

She has given her entire family, and some friends a new POV.

I think it's great groups like these are popping up and I hope there's a lot more to come all over the nation. Even though many women have husbands/boyfriends who are more than qualified to teach them how to shoot, many of them would rather somebody else instruct them. Instead of having my father or I teach them, my mother and sister opted to take a class together. Fine by me, I'm just glad they moved away from their anti-gun position and have embraced firearm ownership and CC with open arms.

Now if only I could convince my sister to move away from purse carry...
    patri0t likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I have been trying to maybe at least talk to females,who doesn't shoot or own firearms.If it's something they want no part of then i let it go.
    If they have no interest,at least i tried.I don't want to push it on anyone.That's just not something i'm going to do.

A while back,i did take a girl out that wanted to learn about guns,but she was scared of them.She knew nothing about them and had no one she knew well enough to ask.
    I took my M&P40,my GL23 and my black scary looking rifle lol.

I sat down and just talked with her a little bit.She watched me shoot the AR,then she tried it.After a few rounds she said, oh man this rifle rocks.

I suggested to her to go to a range and rent a couple of guns.She shot my M&P40 and my GL23,but i wouldn't tell her what she needed to buy.That's obviously something she has to figure out.At least i gave her some ideas.I'm no expert by no means,but i have been around them long enough,i felt like i could help.I left the shotgun at home.One step at a time lol.

All of that being said,If you can get one involved,it's one more.

Good for her and you trying to help..Everyone knows the antis won't give up.We need all the people we can get involved.Obama and his merry followers are desperate to try to pass the stupid background checks.I know that's not all they wanna do,but that seems to be one of the things.

My wife has had her permit right along with me. The thing that I posted is my sister a card carrying Democrat who voted for Obama and backs every free program for the under privledged calls up about two months ago and asks to borrow a gun. I explain the Democratic laws she has voted for in California and I figure that is the end of the conversation. Then I get a call can she come up to the ranch and would I teach her how to shoot? So I break out a couple of very old very worn Charter arms guns I have from my Dads estate. We work for several weedends and she gets her letter from the sheriff pass the live fire and he will issue a permit. apparently she had alreaad done her live scan etc.

What made this woman change so drastically. I don't know she still plans on voting for Hillary even as a write in. Do you know how scary things are in her mind to get her to handle a gun and get a concealed carry? I would much rather face a Chicago cop with a gun than face my wife with hers. She only owns one of her own and all of mine but she is very good with it.

Links