Need Help with a UTG #750 AR Front Sight

This is a discussion on Need Help with a UTG #750 AR Front Sight within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sot of out of the scope of the forum but I have posted worse and got away with it. I have an inexpensive AR and ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Need Help with a UTG #750 AR Front Sight

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

Sot of out of the scope of the forum but I have posted worse and got away with it.

I have an inexpensive AR and I added a UTG #750 front tower sight to the gas block. on the package is says "Precision Elevation Adjustment" but I don't get it. The only thing I can see is a small hex screw directly under the vertical sight pin. Perhaps this is an adjustment but I searched the web and found nothing resembling instructions. If this in fact an adjustment, what does what? looking down on the sight - barrel forward, does a LH movement raise or lower the sight post?

I can only think there is a spring (to keep tension) on the sight bar or perhaps the sight bar turns with the screw?

Lost here.. Right now I am shooting about 12" low at 50 yards. Grouping is very acceptable (1/2") at that distance. But I am about out of room on the rear sight for Up elevation. Back sight is a UTG #993 carry handle /sight combo. (This stuff is good enough for an inexpensive AR to plink with).

Appreciate any help I can get.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Up front you want to chase your groups. So if you are shooting low you want to lower the front sight. I would try using that small hex screw and back it out slowly. This "should" lower the front sight post OR it is a set screw and then the post itself will be threaded.

I do have to say though that UTG is very low quality so be careful not to strip out the hex head screw.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Well.. As stupid as I am, this sight requires special tool [SCP-FTA24] for adjustment and is common to a number of A2 front sights.
    To my amazement I had the blasted thing in the safe and forgot what it was for.

Sorry to have posted this in ignorance but perhaps some can learn from my mistake.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

You can also take a bullet and use the tip to depress the pin while turning the adjustment,clockwise to raise the groups counter-clockwise to lower the groups IIRC one click is 1/4" at 100 yards.
    In combat, you don't have fancy tools,and back in the 70's the M16A1 elevation adjustment was done by the front sight only,we were taught to use a bullet for adjusting the elevation,or anything small enough to depress the pin and allow you to spin the "thingy"
    Diddle likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsored Links