Gun show and the Bersa

Gun show and the Bersa

This is a discussion on Gun show and the Bersa within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There is a small gun show in town this weekend, Looking for a bersa 380 plus or a thunder, what should I expect to pay ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Richard58
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 2 Post By glockman10mm
  • 1 Post By BugDude

Thread: Gun show and the Bersa

Gun show and the Bersa

There is a small gun show in town this weekend, Looking for a bersa 380 plus or a thunder, what should I expect to pay for one at the gun shows, If they have any ???

Distinguished Member
    Unfortunately gun show prices are always too high, but to answer your question. If your looking at a standard 7+1 black you can expect prices for new in the range of $280-325. Duo tones tend to run a bit higher. If you looking at a high cap you can add another $50 or so. The conceal carry model, has low profile sites and more rounded contours should be around price range of the standard 380 Thunder. These are NIB ranges. You'll have to decide what's fair for used. Bersa makes a great gun, I have 3 of them. You'll always add more for laser sites. Crimson trace can add $200+ to the cost. good luck
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

I had a handful of Bersa Thunder's (unfortunately down to one now) and paid roughly $300 for each one at the LGS. They're excellent guns for a great price, IMO. I've been to a handful of gun shows this year and all the ones I've seen had substantially higher sticker prices. Good luck, though.

If you're open to buying online, I just did a quick check on armslist and the majority are listed for $275-350.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Get ready for sticker shock. I quit going to gun shows. I try to buy from my LGS if at all possible. I think all the deals are gone from the shows....
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I know a guy picked up a standard black 380 for $300 new at my favorite local gun shop. Lightly used, I think $250 or less would be fair for that model. I don't know much about the other versions, but I got to fire that one a few times, and I think at $300 it's a heck of a good deal.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Problem with 380 ammo it can be even scarcer than 9mm,if your hearts set on the 380 I would be stocking up on all the decent priced ammo I can find as I saw it
    BugDude likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

When the retailers started invading gun shows, it went downhill. They use to be made up of private collectors and private venders that were selling their own products.
    Now, you have gun store people, and pawn shops setting up tables charging retail prices.

I haven't attended one in about a year, and don't care to attend anymore.
    But here's a tip; stay out of the middle isles. Check out the small tables on the outer parts of the show set up be private individuals.
    blitzburgh and BugDude like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Thanks guy's I have had my eye on a Bersa, and since the gun show was in town. I thought I would try and pick one up.
    There is a pawn shop, in Oklahoma city that buy and sell guns. they have great prices too. but If I can buy one without leaving town I will.
    But if not, Sooner State Pawn is where I'll be going.

Excellent point and observation, glockman. You've probably been attending gun shows well before I've been interested in guns but I have picked up on the middle isles. Ever since I've started going to gun shows, I've been seeing more and more retailers and brick & mortar outfits setting up and less and less private individuals.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

The only reason I went to any gun shows was to buy cheap range ammo in bulk without having to pay shipping...and you can't even do that anymore. They're OK for checking out new stuff, comparing, etc. but it just isn't worth fighting the crowds anymore.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

just sold my nickel thunder 380 for 350, it was like new

Well went to the show, the prices where lets say HIGH. I did find 2 used, bet way over $350. soooo I left

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the6shooter View Post
    Well went to the show, the prices where lets say HIGH. I did find 2 used, bet way over $350. soooo I left
    Sounds like you were lucky and dodged a FTF bullet.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    The CC and cobat sell for 265 new here the regular thrunder 380 go for 275 and the double stack is 360

Links