PT 709 Slim Magazines thanks to my Step-son!

PT 709 Slim Magazines thanks to my Step-son!

This is a discussion on PT 709 Slim Magazines thanks to my Step-son! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My step-son in Kentucky called me the other day, he was in his Local Gun Shop wanting to know if I "needed" anything. He knows ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By BugDude

Thread: PT 709 Slim Magazines thanks to my Step-son!

Thumbs up PT 709 Slim Magazines thanks to my Step-son!

My step-son in Kentucky called me the other day, he was in his Local Gun Shop wanting to know if I "needed" anything. He knows the manager quite well and they always give him good discounts on stuff.

I needed extra magazines for my new Taurus PT 709 Slim, it only came with the one in the box and I have been unable to locate any extras in my area.

He calls back and says the owner's wife has the same pistol and they got in a shipment of the magazines. I asked for two of them.

He and his girlfriend are visiting and he got two of them, says they are my "early" birthday gift, I will be 57 on 9/11 and they won't be here.

Needless to say, I am quite happy to have extra magazines for the Taurus. The Step-son came through and scored them!
    GhostMaker, lordofwyr and BugDude like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member
    Hey JoJo. Good for you! How you been anyway? I click 56 in a couple of weeks. How'd we get here anyway? Maybe the real question should be why?

Take care.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Do they sell them on line, and if so....who are they??? Can't find them anywhere around the Austin area or online.

And THAT is an excellent step-son!!!

Fortune Favors the Bold!

Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    Hey JoJo. Good for you! How you been anyway? I click 56 in a couple of weeks. How'd we get here anyway? Maybe the real question should be why?

Take care.
    Doing well, and thanks to my awesome step-son I now have extra shooting equipment. He is also an avid shooter, has carry permit and a sweet Ruger LC9. He always asks me about gun stuff, and advice etc. He is even trying to get his girlfriend to go get her carry permit. My step-son actually went with his girlfriend's dad for their carry permit class. How sweet is that?

As to age, it is devious. It has the unusual tendency to sneak up on us even before we know it. Obviously, there is no cure or vaccine, yet. I just think of myself as being "classic" instead of old. Yeah, right, I like totally believe that.

Your step-son sounds like a keeper!!! In the last few months I've picked up several mags for my 709. I've got a total of 4 now. I had to return one of them due to a VERY tight fit in the mag well. Like, so tight it wasn't workable. Strange, because it was a NIB factory mag and no obvious defects. Luckily I bought it at a local shop and they swapped it out the next day for another NIB one and it worked perfectly. I absolutely love my 709. Over 2500 flawless rounds and counting.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    Do they sell them on line, and if so....who are they??? Can't find them anywhere around the Austin area or online.

And THAT is an excellent step-son!!!

He found them in Owensboro, KY, I don't know if they sell online or not.

I live in WV and have searched online and every gun shop that I know and couldn't find any. The step-son happened to be there at the right time and place.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Your step-son sounds like a keeper!!! In the last few months I've picked up several mags for my 709. I've got a total of 4 now. I had to return one of them due to a VERY tight fit in the mag well. Like, so tight it wasn't workable. Strange, because it was a NIB factory mag and no obvious defects. Luckily I bought it at a local shop and they swapped it out the next day for another NIB one and it worked perfectly. I absolutely love my 709. Over 2500 flawless rounds and counting.
    I checked mine too, they fit and worked. Have heard that sometimes Taurus has mag problems NIB too. My PT-709 is the "replacement" with insurance money from my stolen S&W 32-2 9mm lost to a burglar in Dec. 2012.

Like to never found a pistol for under $400 that I could use as a carry piece, my LGS places were cleaned out. A musician acquaintance of mine saw us going into another shop and called me to say where he was going to do some dealing. We ended up at that shop and I got the 709 and a Ruger 10-22 for the wife. It was a good day. I like the 709, it's nice. I still miss my stolen firearms though.

Sponsored Links