Donnie D's New Shootin Glasses

This is a discussion on Donnie D's New Shootin Glasses within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Donnie D's New Shootin Glasses - YouTube...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DonnieD
  • 1 Post By DonnieD

Thread: Donnie D's New Shootin Glasses

Donnie D's New Shootin Glasses

bmcgilvray likes this.
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    That's just regular Trifocal Glasses. I've worn that kind for years.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    That's just regular tri-focal glasses. I've worn that kind for years.
    You like em for shooting OK?
    Donnie D
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

Without even watching the video I gotta figure his video will be a hum dinger. That Donnie D is a characters character!!
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieD View Post
    You like em for shooting OK?
    Donnie D
    I can shoot fine with them. I've worn them for about 30 years so I'm used to shooting with them.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Without even watching the video I gotta figure his video will be a hum dinger. That Donnie D is a characters character!!
    Oh I'm something allright. Just not sure what.
    Donnie D

[QUOTE=BurgerBoy;2904104]I can shoot fine with them. I've worn them for about 30 years so I'm used to shooting with them.[/QUOTE

They sure make my sight picture clearer.
    Donnie D

VIP Member
    I used to have shooting glasses made 100% from the prescription for the middle section (mid range) part of my trifocals. Then, after a few years I got to thinking that my training wasn't really all that great because I would never be wearing my shooting glasses in an emergency.

So what I do now is have the middle trifocal part made larger and wider and set higher than in "normal" glasses. Since my handgun sights are about the same distance from my eyes as my computer is when I'm sitting here, I wind up using the large trifocal section most of the time.

And on the range I have no problem finding that middle section because it is so large. And I save the cost of having an extra pair of glasses made. Works for me.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    I used to have shooting glasses made 100% from the prescription for the middle section (mid range) part of my trifocals. Then, after a few years I got to thinking that my training wasn't really all that great because I would never be wearing my shooting glasses in an emergency.

So what I do now is have the middle trifocal part made larger and wider and set higher than in "normal" glasses. Since my handgun sights are about the same distance from my eyes as my computer is when I'm sitting here, I wind up using the large trifocal section most of the time.

And on the range I have no problem finding that middle section because it is so large. And I save the cost of having an extra pair of glasses made. Works for me.
    There you go. Everyone will probably need them set up the way that is best for them. Anyone having trouble shooting because of glasses, I recommend they figure out what changes could be made to their glasses to make them better, and the next time they need new ones, talk to their eye doc and see what they can come up with.
    Donnie D

Links