Just got banned for life!!

This is a discussion on Just got banned for life!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The text said I was banned. Then, "When will the ban be lifted?" Then a colon: Never! Reason: Bot" What in the world is "Bot"? ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Just got banned for life!!

Distinguished Member

Just got banned for life!!

The text said I was banned. Then, "When will the ban be lifted?" Then a colon: Never! Reason: Bot" What in the world is "Bot"?

On another thread I asked for help to try and reconnect with a Bersa Forum. I was helped, and, sure enough, I found it. I did have to reregister. Wrote a couple posts (reintroduced myself, and told how much I enjoy the Bersa Thunder Combat).

Yesterday, I could not log on. I could swear I was giving the right username and password. However, the older I get...
    So, after five wrong tries I was locked out for fifteen.

Here is where I think I screwed up. Before I found the "Forgot your password" link. I tried an experiment. I was trying to remember how many letters/digits, and "cases" you had to log on. Getting that info wouldf give me the clue I needed to get on. So I started with my username (duh!) and it was taken. So I made up a username and walked it to the password. I thought it would tell me what I had to have for the password but, instead, it logged me on with "congratulations", etc. I immediately sent a message to the webmaster explaining my situation asking them to zap that member and help me with my forgotten password.

It was then I discovered (a link later) that if I had trouble with my password, they would send me a new one. Sorry, but it was not on the same page (at least I don't remember it was). When I entered my username and the new password, that's when I got the banned message.

I have written two mea culpas, both ended up with the "webmaster". Anyone know how I could contact the administrator? Of course, I can't get in. Heck, I gave them a $25 donation the day I joined. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am now a felon...

ps. It's "Bersachat.com"
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

2. Remove Ads

I haven't any idea. I'm technology challenged.

Bersa makes a good gun for the money, but not good enough to stress over being banned on their forum.
    Sister and atctimmy like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member
    You gave them $25 the day you joined? What kind of website ask for a donation just to join?
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Contact the NSA I'm pretty sure they can not only help you with your login name and password but can update you on any posts you made
    aznav, Taurahe, CIBMike and 20 others like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    "That feelin you got, deep down inside? That's pride effing with ya....." Marcellus Wallace
    aznav, Zralou, southernwi and 1 others like this.

Except for the lost $25, I wouldn't bother. I'm no help.
    “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    ― Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    You gave them $25 the day you joined? What kind of website ask for a donation just to join?
    This website will take a donation.

AZ I will check to see if I am still a member....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Apparently, your rapid-fire attempts to "skirt" the login mechanisms got you banned, presumably mistaken for a "robot" (aka, Bot) login process gone awry. AZnav, the 'bot. Who knew?

Good luck, with tracking down the webmaster or one of the moderators. Hopefully, if you can plead your case through a moderator, the much-overworked webmaster will get the thing fixed for you.
    bigmacque likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    They didn't ask. Just a "donate" button. I understand the work involved in keeping a good website (it is good) working and there's no free lunch in my economy. It's just my small way of saying, "thank you", for the work involved in keeping it running.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    Except for the lost $25, I wouldn't bother. I'm no help.
    No, Mr. Joe Pa, you're not...

Distinguished Member
    Going to give them some time. Who knows, maybe the dreaded Paypal will give me my money back. They did with the thieves on "Angie's List".

Aznav, I am still a member. PM me your contact info. I think I can help...
    Sister, VBVAGUY and Christopher67 like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Contact the NSA I'm pretty sure they can not only help you with your login name and password but can update you on any posts you made
    One thousand comedians with too much time on their hands...

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    BOT as in robot. computer programs made to act like people to post spam, hack accounts by trying different passwords or to mount an DDOS attack on a site by overwhelming the server with connection requests...ect

you were mistaken for a BOT because you were trying to guess a password like a BOT would do.
    aznav and gottabkiddin like this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member
    Thanks, guys, for all your help, especially Harryball and not Dukamighty...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links