Pachmyr Grips For S & W Handguns

This is a discussion on Pachmyr Grips For S & W Handguns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Please forgive me if I'm making a mistake in placing a question of this nature here as I'm very new to this forum. I've got ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By RNMEDICWRECK
  • 3 Post By skatalite

Thread: Pachmyr Grips For S & W Handguns

Pachmyr Grips For S & W Handguns

Please forgive me if I'm making a mistake in placing a question of this nature here as I'm very new to this forum. I've got some Smith & Wesson handguns which I plan to give to some family members who are younger than I am, and I'd like to get some good Pachmyr grips on them first as I'd like to donate these fine old Smiths to people in my family who will need them. I've come to realize that I won't live forever and feel why should I wait till I kick the bucket to give these guns to people by a will? I have extra so why not do so now?

My question is where can I get these grips on the internet. I'm not that good at computer use and any help you folks could offer would be so greatly appreciated. I'm trying to make the use of these guns as easy as possible for some people relatively new to handgunning.

Thanks in advance for your help to a worn out old wreck.

Respectfully & Gratefully,

RN/Paramedic/Wreck
    StormRhydr likes this.

2. Remove Ads

You can find them on eBay, Amazon, Optics Planet and Midway USA to name a few.

If you share the model guns you're looking for, we can link you directly to those products.
    Sister, msgt/ret and zonker1986 like this.

Administrator
    Their DECELERATOR grips are effective felt recoil tamers.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Try Pachmyr's website. I believe they sell direct plus you get to see all the different grips so you can make a better decision.

Hogue makes several different types for Smith & Wesson Semi-autos and revolvers here:

Smith & Wesson : Hogue Inc., The Best Value In Handgun Grips, Rifle Stocks and Accessories - Bar None!
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

if any of these guns are S&W 3 or 4-digit numbered semi-auto models (457, 915, 3913, 4506, etc.), the process of swapping grips is a bit more complicated than usual, as the new grip must incorporate the gun's mainspring. it would be better if you installed the grips yourself and not hand gun and un-installed new grips to the new owner.

i also recommend that you install any Hogue Monogrips that you purchase for any S&W revolvers, as these can also be a bit trickier to put on.

Pachmayr grips for the S&W revolvers are very easy to install, as only one screw must be removed and replaced with the new grips. if any new owner has small hands, i recommend the Pachmayr Compac or Compac Professional revolver grips as being the most likely to be a good fit for smaller handed people.

Links