So Christmas is coming soon >>>>>>>

So Christmas is coming soon >>>>>>>

This is a discussion on So Christmas is coming soon >>>>>>> within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am guessing we will be seeing a bunch of the people that purchased high priced AR's put them on the market this year to ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By VBVAGUY
  • 1 Post By Brady
  • 1 Post By TX expat

Thread: So Christmas is coming soon >>>>>>>

Thumbs up So Christmas is coming soon >>>>>>>

I am guessing we will be seeing a bunch of the people that purchased high priced AR's put them on the market this year to try and recoup some money for Christmas this year. At least that is what I am hoping for a BIG influx of *used* or barely used AR's hitting the market !!! What do you all think ??? God Bless
    StormRhydr likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'm not too sure about that. While availability and price on new firearms has returned to somewhat normal, used gun prices still seem higher than giraffe testes.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I would not be surprised at all to find that lots of people (and Im not talking about criminals), want guns with no govt record of ownership. Hence the higher prices.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'm not too sure about that. While availability and price on new firearms has returned to somewhat normal, used gun prices still seem higher than giraffe testes.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Doesn't matter, I won't have any money anyway. My extra income comes after Christmas, tax season! (second job)
    msgt/ret likes this.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    I am guessing we will be seeing a bunch of the people that purchased high priced AR's put them on the market this year to try and recoup some money for Christmas this year. At least that is what I am hoping for a BIG influx of *used* or barely used AR's hitting the market !!! What do you all think ??? God Bless
    I dunno. The people who were unwise enough to shell out the exorbitant prices for their 'modern sporting rifles' are the same ones who will probably think that their AR is actually worth the 50% or more markup that they paid last December, so they might try to sell them, but I don't think they'll be expecting to sell at today's prices. They'll probably be shocked that their Magpul 30 rounders aren't worth the $40 a piece they paid for them too...
    StormRhydr likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Basic economics: supply and demand. A market doesn't exist until a seller and a buyer agree on a price for an item.

Some may be selling, but the cost of what they are selling is still fresh enough in their mind that their price will attempt to recoup their cost. This will go on for some time before the recent buyers, recent being within the last 8 to 12 months, will start to drop their price. Their cost has to become a sunk cost before they'll start dropping prices too much.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I think their biggest shock will be when they begin putting them on gunbroker.com and find out they either don't sell because of the starting price, or they sell for little more than 1/2 of what they paid for them.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Add to that all of the Christmas sales. And don't forget the Black Friday sales, all coming soon.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Links