Freedom Munitions Blaster ammo

Freedom Munitions Blaster ammo

This is a discussion on Freedom Munitions Blaster ammo within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is this worth buying? Are these reloadable?...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wolfiesden

Thread: Freedom Munitions Blaster ammo

Question Freedom Munitions Blaster ammo

Is this worth buying? Are these reloadable?

New Member Array Camdenbullit52's Avatar

Freedom Munitions

Went through all 500 rounds of 115 gr. 9mm, some of the cleanest shooting ammo I ever bought! No duds, no jams, no stovepipes through my Glock 19 Gen 3.

I thought Blasters,Phasers and Ray Guns were highly restricted NFA Items
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I bought 500 rounds back in April at the height of the ammo shortage and stored it in ammo cans in a climate controlled environment. Last month I went to the range and shot 100 rounds of WWB thru my Glock 19 with no issues. I selected a box of Blaster to finish out the session and after a few shots I thought I had a failure to extract. I manually racked the slide and noticed that the next round wouldn't chamber. I disassembled the gun and found that it was a squib round and I had a bullet lodged in the barrel. I didn't have the tools to handle that with me so I placed 3 magazines loaded with Blaster back in my range bag and called it a day. Last week I went back to the range, shot a box of Federal ammo (problem free) and then reached for one of the mags still loaded with Blaster from the prior visit. On the 2nd shot I had another squib round and another blocked barrel. I came home and sent Freedom Munitions an email and told them that I had 9 unopened boxes of Blaster that I was now afraid to use. Within minutes I got a response and replacement ammo is now on its way to my house plus they emailed me a shipping label to return the ammo that I have. This is my first purchase from Freedom Munitions and I normally don't use reloads but given the scarce supply back in April i decided to take a chance. I am impressed at the customer service and I hope that they simply had some quality control issues during the months when everybody was cranking out ammo at maximum capacity and that the replacement ammo will be problem free.

Thanks for the feedback. I watched some YouTube videos of people that used their ammo so I'll give them a try. I ordered 500 rounds of 45 ACP tonight. I'll try to remember to give a range report on them. I guess I should buy more mags for my 1911 also.

They have a store here in NW Houston. I must check them out.

I have purchased about 2k 9mm 115g RN from them. I have shot over 500 of them in my Sig P226. Solid with no failures. Mag dumps. Double tapping. FTS practice (2 in chest, one in head). Never a hiccup that wasn't my fault. I have also reloaded about 250 of that brass and shot about 100 of the reloads, again, no problems.

The brass has a different interior profile than most other 9mm. Don't think it has made a bit of difference either in shooting it from FM or after reloading the brass. I also noticed the head has a slightly recessed primer compared to other 9mm brass. Again, has not been a problem for me.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Someone recommended their ammo to me at my last IDPA match this past Sunday. I'm going to start bothering to collect my brass and then see if I can do a trade in in the next few months with the brass credit program. I'm eager to hear any other replies for or against. Nice thread, thanks!

Can't help with the brass program. I have a 9y granddaughter who is a range vacuum. Once she sorts out what brass I keep/reload she gets the rest. She saves up a good grocery bag full and then I run her to the metal recycle plant. I get brass. She gets spending money. We both get to shoot :)

Anyway, here are some photos of a range pickup Federal cartridge (FC) (left) and one from Freedom Munitions (AMMOLOAD) (right)

JoJoGunn likes this.

I bought 500 rounds of 38s from them and it all shot just fine. Of course that was in a 686 and a lever action rifle so no jams would happen there. I would not have a problem with buying from them again.

Update:

I am a happy camper! Replacement ammo arrived and it's 500 rounds of their 115 grain new ammo which is an upgrade from the Blaster reloads that I purchased originally. Great customer service!

Links