Range Report ( Phase Two )

This is a discussion on Range Report ( Phase Two ) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Computer has been acting crazy so I'll try one more time. Firstly ... phase one or first trip out with the new Rossi R92 Carbine ...

Thread: Range Report ( Phase Two )

Range Report ( Phase Two )

Computer has been acting crazy so I'll try one more time.

Firstly ... phase one or first trip out with the new Rossi R92 Carbine chambered in .357 / .38 was strictly a familiarization
    exercise. Buckhorn sights !!! Sight picture totally new to me. Setting up the target at 50 yards first time was a
    big mistake for these old tired eyes. My g.son (21) hit the target five times, my rounds must be in the berm ???
    The magazine spring is a real tough nut and a challenge to load. Not sure if I should attempt to shorten it or be
    safe and take it to a smith ?
    Resized 01.JPG

A side note ... .357mag brass was impossible to find so I got some 158gr SWC factory loads and shot some in my
    DW wheel gun. HOLY COW ... now I know why I normally shot .38sp ... OUCH !!!

2nd Trip . Set up target at 25 yards, had a spotting scope and after some instructions on site management I went to work.

Resized 02.JPG

Much better results ! Hand loaded 158gr over 4.4g Trail Boss sure tamed the recoil, targets on the right. Next week I'll work
    on improving the POI and try moving the target back another 5 or so yards. Gun functioned flawlessly just have to get used
    to those sights.

Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome ... Jim
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

2. Remove Ads

Links