Foreigners say "America needs Gun-Control"

This is a discussion on Foreigners say "America needs Gun-Control" within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Summary: - Britain, China, Europe, and even Russian think Obama must act and pass strict gun control. Massacres like this in Dunblane, Australia, and other ...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: Foreigners say "America needs Gun-Control"

Summary: - Britain, China, Europe, and even Russian think Obama must act and pass strict gun control. Massacres like this in Dunblane, Australia, and other countries, heavily restricted/banned pistols and rifles.

Jimmy Davis, a 41-year-old London disc jockey, was saddened when he heard about the latest mass shooting in the United States. But like much of the world after the attack at Washington’s Navy Yard on Monday, he was no longer shocked.

The United States is a place where “buying guns is like buying sweets from a sweet shop — it’s no problem,” Davis said Tuesday on a busy shopping street in southwest London. “So when we hear there are shootings like this in America, we are not really shocked. Know what I mean?”

Foreigners say they are no longer surprised by U.S. gun violence - The Washington Post

... and I should care???

Funny, in all my years growing up in Britain I never had to produce ID and pass a background check to buy sweets.
    British by birth. American by choice.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    They don't matter.
    Mr B likes this.

Their countries have too many of their own problems to be worrying about our business.
    USM1976, Mr B, WHEC724 and 3 others like this.

This is why they are called foreigners... everything that makes sense is foreign to them!
    mkh, GunGeezer, ExSoldier and 7 others like this.

Well I have a friend in Yorkshire England who suffered the loss of his handgun collection in the confiscatory 1997 handgun ban. It's been 16 years and I'm even still angry over it. I think England needs to do away with their gun control laws.

So there! They think we need additional restrictions. I think they need fewer restrictions. Our opinions cancel each other out.

Fixed! We're even.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Senior Moderator
    A new brainwashing campaign by the media, and the bodies aren't even cold yet.

No surprise there.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gav1230 View Post
    Their countries have too many of their own problems to be worrying about our business.
    You got that right. I was stationed in the UK and Turkey, lived in Canada, and I have visited Germany, Belarus, Russia and Costa Rica. They put us down but after seeing what happens in those countries they should mind their own business.
    Old Sarge likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Well I have a friend in Yorkshire England who suffered the loss of his handgun collection in the confiscatory 1997 handgun ban. It's been 16 years and I'm even still angry over it. I think England needs to do away with their gun control laws.

So there! They think we need additional restrictions. I think they need fewer restrictions. Our opinions cancel each other out.

Fixed! We're even.
    As you may recall, recently, an off-duty British soldier was hacked to death by Islamic extremeists in the UK. I would imagine the outcome would have been quite different if the soldier was allowed to be armed.

I'm pretty sure that we'll soon be invading Europe to bring Democracy to them.
    British by birth. American by choice.

they just dont like us all being armed like we are so they want him to do a ban so they wont have trouble invading us, IMO.
    Old Sarge likes this.
    G23 gen3 HD
    G27 gen3 EDC
    Bushmaster AR15
    Rem 870

Quote Originally Posted by gallardo.g23 View Post
    they just dont like us all being armed like we are so they want him to do a ban so they wont have trouble invading us, IMO.
    I don't like what they're saying either but saying they'll invade us is pretty far fetched. At the end of the day they're still our allies.
    Phaedrus likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Opinions are like donkeys, everyone ha...wait, what?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Funny then, that we need more gun control, when this shooting happened in the most heavily restricted places in our country. Yes, gun control must be the answer.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Links