Recalled CO Sen. Giron (on Navy yard shooting) proves her detractors right

This is a discussion on Recalled CO Sen. Giron (on Navy yard shooting) proves her detractors right within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Stunning ignorance on display. Article with two videos of Giron talking when she clearly needed to shut up. Claims a background check would have stopped ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Recalled CO Sen. Giron (on Navy yard shooting) proves her detractors right

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Recalled CO Sen. Giron (on Navy yard shooting) proves her detractors right

Stunning ignorance on display. Article with two videos of Giron talking when she clearly needed to shut up.

Claims a background check would have stopped Alexis.

Claims the Navy Yard was filled with armed military.

Claims the NRA Board is "ALL gun manufacturers." Hmmm... Tom Selleck, Ted Nugent.... NOT!

[Video] Recalled Senator Angela Giron Shows Why She Was Recalled in Interview on Navy Yard Shooting
    mprp, Ghost1958, manolito and 2 others like this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Claims a background check would have stopped Alexis.
    Because the two (that we know about) previous ones weren't enough, apparently.

She was recalled and yet her gums keep flapping for some unfathomable reason.
    joker1, mook012, wmhawth and 1 others like this.
    British by birth. American by choice.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    To quote Bugs Bunny, "what an imbessil, what an ultra maroon"
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

All I have to say is, well done Colorado.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Further proof, one does not have to be intelligent or knowledgeable to be interviewed by CNN.
    surefire7 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    To borrow a phrase that seems appropo in this particular instance "Isn't she going off half cocked?"
    NONAME762 and Blue Thunder like this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Better to be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I can't open the video at work, so forgive my ignorance. Did any of the press or people taking the video remind her that he did go through a background check?
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Further proof, one does not have to be intelligent or knowledgeable to be interviewed by CNN.
    or elected to office.
    nontechguy likes this.

At least on CNN her silliness was challenged. MSNBC it looked like he just nodded agreement. Apparently sounded good to him.

Senior Member Array XD40SCiinNC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    Because the two (that we know about) previous ones weren't enough, apparently.

She was recalled and yet her gums keep flapping for some unfathomable reason.
    The reason is clear, unfathomable ignorance.
    mook012 likes this.

Or for CNN to present the interview as the authoritative word on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    I can't open the video at work, so forgive my ignorance. Did any of the press or people taking the video remind her that he did go through a background check?
    Without being shown in its entirety, the video clips are pretty much only of her not being able to shut up.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    I have seen several interviews she has given, and coherence has yet to show itself as one of her attributes.
    Eagleks likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Guessing she has never been on a military base. I am going to guess there are much less carried or readily available firearms on any base than in the typical city in the US.

Shouldn't someone have explained to her that he did pass a background check to get his shotgun? Also what does a 100 round mags have to do with this shooting? Also she seemed to admit that allowing 100 round drums is good because they are unreliable and jam.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links