LGS refused to sell

This is a discussion on LGS refused to sell within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was in my LGS this weekend, just looking for a g27. There was a couple there looking at GLOCKS, the guy was doing all ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: LGS refused to sell

LGS refused to sell

I was in my LGS this weekend, just looking for a g27.
    There was a couple there looking at GLOCKS, the guy was doing all the gun handling, while the girl just stood there looking lost.
    They left the counter and went back behind a store shelf an talked.
    Finally they came back to the gun counter and the girl said she wanted to buy that gun, by pointing at it.
    The owner started to ask her some questions, ie what are you going to use the gun for, protection, chl? She didn't seem to know.
    Then the guy looked at the owner and said: Why are you asking these questions, just sell her the gun.
    The owner then put the gun back in the case and told them that he would not sell them the gun or any thing else, and for them to leave.

After they were gone, I asked JD what was up, he told me that the thought that the sale was a straw buy.
    He also stated that if he was ever had an uneasy feeling selling a gun to someone, he would just cancel the sale.
    He stated that it was hard enough trying to sell guns on the border, without the hassle of straw buyers.
    He didn't need the ATF in his store, just to make a sale.

I have no problem with his way of doing business . What are your thoughts?

Robert

2. Remove Ads

having sold guns at a local gun store years ago, you guy's radar was spot on. He did the right thing, as she was obviously going to buy the gun in her name for the boy friend.
    Ran into this numerous times......worst was a young guy buying numerous weapons for his gang. Apparently was part of his gang initiation. After a couple, we caught on and refused to sell to him
    and alerted authorities.
    ccw9mm, GH, Freedom Doc and 6 others like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I'd say he made the right call.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    The right play.
    Black Knight and gatorbait51 like this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I'd say he made the right call.
    Same here. Looked fishy to me.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I sell guns for my dad sometimes and I have had to do the same thing. I am not risking my freedom to make a sale.
    Black Knight and gatorbait51 like this.

If he did not feel right then he took the correct action.
    He gets no argument from me.

I have no problem with his way of doing business . What are your thoughts?
    That one had straw purchase written all over it. I wouldn't blame the gun clerk for refusing the sale.

My LGS owner refused to sell to someone who was acting strange and after asking a series of questions, found out that the guy was on medication for mental problems. Although he was still legally allowed to buy a gun since he was never in a mental facility, he was refused. The interesting part is that the gun store owner is on anti depressants and other medication himself. :)
    scottync and gatorbait51 like this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Did the right thing 100%!

Don't need that jack A*$ going out and doing something bad with it and then we have lawmakers wanting to make things worse by saying the existing process is broke!

This reminds me of times in the local beer store I have seen a guy buying beer with his teenage girlfriend in tow. The clerk will ask for both their IDs, which busts them pretty quick.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I'd say he did the right thing. That being said, I've often thought about asking a friend or relative to buy a gun for me when visiting states that have no reciprocity with FL., but have a gun I just can't live without at a good price.
    I was actually at a Walmart in central Il. A while back and they had just got an AK-47 in. I asked the guy at the sporting goods counter to let me see it. He asked to see my FOID card and I showed him my FL. CC card which they accept for ammo and I have used at the local Farm store to purchase a long gun. He showed me a map on the computer screen that had FL. In red and he said he was not allowed to sell me or let me hold a firearm of any kind. *** is this all about. I mentioned this at another LGS and the owner said he could sell me a long gun if I purchased an out-of-state hunting license. Is everyone in IL. NUTS ?
    gatorbait51 and Kavalander like this.

Sounds responsible to me.
    9MMare and gatorbait51 like this.

Just because someone can buy a gun, doesn't mean that a gun shop must sell them one.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

IMO the shop owner has the right to refuse service to anyone.
    gatorbait51 and JDE101 like this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links