Shot my second hand PPS today...

This is a discussion on Shot my second hand PPS today... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; LOVED IT!!! I couldn't believe how well it shot for such a small gun! 250 flawless rounds with only a few failures for the slide ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Shot my second hand PPS today...

LOVED IT!!!

I couldn't believe how well it shot for such a small gun!

250 flawless rounds with only a few failures for the slide to lock back on the last round. Could have been limp wristing towards the end of the session as I don't specifically recall the issue happening when we first started shooting and my buddy didn't have any issues with the slide not wanting to lock back.

I think getting rid of my P238 for it was a great decision and I won't look back.
    So glad to have this pistol. Now I just need to get my carry ammo run though it so I can feel comfortable carrying it.
    357and40, Drgnfly and GhostMaker like this.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    Maybe they really do make them like they used to. Congrats on a fine firearm.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Lead Moderator
    Congrats ! My PPS has been nothing but reliable and accurate for me. I find myself carrying it over other options due to its size.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Welcome to the club! Mine's been my daily companion since following me home. Research before purchase paid off for me.
    Medic218 likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Still kicking myself for getting rid of my PPS 40 but trading it in on an M&P 40c was not a bad trade-off either.
    zonker1986 and GhostMaker like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Sponsor
    My PPS, 9mm loves Hornady Critical Defense(or Zombie Max if that's what the LGS has in stock).
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    What works out works out. Enjoy your "new" gun. Three of my five handguns are second hand and they all work flawlessly. I don't understand why so many seem to have problems.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    What is the two letter date code on your gun? It should start with an A or B. A=0, B=2...J=9

I'm amazed at how accurate this little compact is. I've had reliable groups (keeping it on paper) at 50m! As for the slide lock, watch your thumbs. The frame doesn't have much room for ham hands. Keep thumbs loose and off the frame.

The PPS reliably cycles all top shelf ammo- Federal HST (hydro & hi-shock too), Speer Gold Dot, Win. Ranger. It is just a matter of ensuring your pistol cycles within spec. If you've had no issues so far, hollow points shouldn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderneun View Post
    Maybe they really do make them like they used to. Congrats on a fine firearm.
    Mine isn't new production.
    The test fire case has a date of Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    What is the two letter date code on your gun? It should start with an A or B. A=0, B=2...J=9

I'm amazed at how accurate this little compact is. I've had reliable groups (keeping it on paper) at 50m! As for the slide lock, watch your thumbs. The frame doesn't have much room for ham hands. Keep thumbs loose and off the frame.

The PPS reliably cycles all top shelf ammo- Federal HST (hydro & hi-shock too), Speer Gold Dot, Win. Ranger. It is just a matter of ensuring your pistol cycles within spec. If you've had no issues so far, hollow points shouldn't change anything.
    I have some Ranger T 124gr +P that I plan on using once I run a box though it to test function.
    I'd like to try some of the Gold Dot short barrel but I can seem to find them online anywhere, let alone locally.

Nmuskier likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Mmm, the rare blaugrau frame. I have one in .40. I've only seen one other in .40 and a couple 9mm pics.

Mine is an '08 as well. Waltherforums has a pic of the slide stop spring upgrade, so you can compare yours to see if it is stock, or the new version. Mine has been fine, but Walther will help you if you want to replace it.

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p...lide-stop.html
    Medic218 likes this.

Yeah, mine is the old style as well. I'll monitor it and see if I notice anymore issues with it.

Very nice:)

"Yeah, mine is the old style as well. I'll monitor it and see if I notice anymore issues with it. "

Whatever you do, do not "monitor" it. Send it in and have it upgraded. I have an early 1st Edition PPS 9 MM and the slide stop spring is the only issue I have had but too many people have had issues with the spring. Do not wait for a failure unless this is just a range gun.

Very nice :)

Limited Edition "Blau Grau" (blue grey) PPS. Picked mine up used in December 2009. Function and accuracy is outstanding.....ergonomics leave something to be desired.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links