Sccy gen 2 pistol 9mm

Sccy gen 2 pistol 9mm

This is a discussion on Sccy gen 2 pistol 9mm within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I did a reach on the Sccy pistol and only found one about a lasor for the Sccy. Does anyone have a Sccy gen 2 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Sccy gen 2 pistol 9mm

  1. #1
    Member Array tony1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    454

    Sccy gen 2 pistol 9mm

    I did a reach on the Sccy pistol and only found one about a lasor for the Sccy.

    Does anyone have a Sccy gen 2 and can give me some info on it. I have read all the info from the manufacture and saw most of the Youtube videos of people testing them but I would like to hear from real users of the Sccy. Is it easy too shoot and do you feel safe carrying it. Plus any other advice you may have.

    Thanks
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.



  2. #2
    Member Array fettuicine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    41
    I have one and love it. Low recoil, accurate, easy to CC, always shoots , no failure to do anything. Onr of my 2 primary carrys.
    Any problems with this gun can be chalked up to limp wristing.
    blitzburgh likes this.

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array blitzburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Coastal SC
    Posts
    3,738
    I have the CPX-2 and couldn't be happier. Recoil is about non-existent, it's ate everything I fed it with no hiccups, and disappears easily.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

  4. #4
    Member Array DaveInEdmonds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Posts
    211
    One of my coworkers bought one several months ago. He thought it was great... until he tried a P938. Now he's buying one of those tomorrow.

  5. #5
    Member Array rogertc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    200
    Go here Tony...
    SCCY Forum ? Index page

    They are a great pistol
    tony1990 and Kennydale like this.

  6. #6
    Member Array tony1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1990 View Post
    I did a reach on the Sccy pistol and only found one about a lasor for the Sccy.

    Does anyone have a Sccy gen 2 and can give me some info on it. I have read all the info from the manufacture and saw most of the Youtube videos of people testing them but I would like to hear from real users of the Sccy. Is it easy too shoot and do you feel safe carrying it. Plus any other advice you may have.

    Thanks
    THANKS for all your replies and info.
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.


  7. #7
    Member Array tony1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by rogertc1 View Post
    Go here Tony...
    SCCY Forum ? Index page

    They are a great pistol
    Thanks for the web site, I will be logging on in a couple of seconds....

    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.


  8. #8
    Senior Member Array Zralou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    785
    I bought one a couple of weeks ago. I went to the range and put around 50 rds through it. When it worked, it worked well.

    Of the 50 rds I had about 4 failure to chamber, i'm blaming the ammo for now, even tho' I used the same ammo on the same range visit in my G34, G19, and Taurus 92 without a single failure. I also had several times that it failed to 'slide lock' after the last round was shot.
    The trigger pull is extremely long, and no 'reset' till you fully release it.

    I'm not condemning the gun just yet, it is a 'get what you pay for' type gun, the magazines are a definite 'weak' area of the gun, the finish is fairly good, for the price (I paid $249 NIB) it is a serious contender as a affordable CC. It conceals reasonably well, despite the double stack grip.

    In the near future I will be returning to the range to see if it has improved any before I give it a final judgement. It is currently my EDC, can I say I feel confident with it?, not 100%, 95% maybe. Having a lifetime warranty will hopefully cure any 'teething' problems.

    Sara Lou
    Just because i'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me....

  9. #9
    Member Array wcearp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    96
    When I have more time I will give an in-depth review for you tonight.

    For now, the SCCY is the best value subcompact 9mm on the market IMO. You could buy something else for twice the price but you won't be getting twice the gun. If you want a DAO light weight polymer almost pocket size 9mm it will not disappoint.
    tony1990 likes this.

  10. #10
    Member Array tony1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by wcearp View Post
    When I have more time I will give an in-depth review for you tonight.

    For now, the SCCY is the best value subcompact 9mm on the market IMO. You could buy something else for twice the price but you won't be getting twice the gun. If you want a DAO light weight polymer almost pocket size 9mm it will not disappoint.
    Thanks.
    rogertc1 likes this.
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.


  11. #11
    Senior Member Array Zralou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Zralou View Post
    I bought one a couple of weeks ago. I went to the range and put around 50 rds through it. When it worked, it worked well.

    Of the 50 rds I had about 4 failure to chamber, i'm blaming the ammo for now, even tho' I used the same ammo on the same range visit in my G34, G19, and Taurus 92 without a single failure. I also had several times that it failed to 'slide lock' after the last round was shot.
    The trigger pull is extremely long, and no 'reset' till you fully release it.

    I'm not condemning the gun just yet, it is a 'get what you pay for' type gun, the magazines are a definite 'weak' area of the gun, the finish is fairly good, for the price (I paid $249 NIB) it is a serious contender as a affordable CC. It conceals reasonably well, despite the double stack grip.

    In the near future I will be returning to the range to see if it has improved any before I give it a final judgement. It is currently my EDC, can I say I feel confident with it?, not 100%, 95% maybe. Having a lifetime warranty will hopefully cure any 'teething' problems.

    Sara Lou
    Well I went back to the range again today.
    The failure to feed problem is still evident, and the failure to lock back the slide was constant this time, I ran 10-11 magazines through it, and not once did it lock back the slide.

    I attribute both problems to the magazines, hopefully when I contact SCCY they will fix the problem. But for now, i'm still not 100% confident with this gun as my 'only' CCW.

    Aside of the magazine problem, the gun shoots really well, its accurate straight out the box, has very manageable recoil, feels good in the hand, is light enough to carry all day even with a loaded mag, and 10+1 in a gun this size is a big plus. The DAO trigger is a long pull, but it is smooth and light, I would've preferred a slightly shorter 'reset', but you can't have everything.

    Sara Lou
    Just because i'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me....

  12. #12
    Member Array OlCop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Ks.
    Posts
    93
    SCCY will suggest this first to fix your problem. Below is a direct quote from Danice in their custom service department. This fixed both FTF and failure of the slide to stay back when empty on mine. Good luck


    Slide won’t lock back on the last round

    The slide not locking open on an empty magazine is an easy fix. Simply disassemble the magazine, taking note of how all of the parts are oriented, then reverse the spring from front to back. You want the top coil of the spring to have the highest point (of the spring) facing toward the front of the magazine body. We can walk you through this over the phone if need be, please contact us at the number below.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array Zralou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by OlCop View Post
    SCCY will suggest this first to fix your problem. Below is a direct quote from Danice in their custom service department. This fixed both FTF and failure of the slide to stay back when empty on mine. Good luck


    Slide won’t lock back on the last round

    The slide not locking open on an empty magazine is an easy fix. Simply disassemble the magazine, taking note of how all of the parts are oriented, then reverse the spring from front to back. You want the top coil of the spring to have the highest point (of the spring) facing toward the front of the magazine body. We can walk you through this over the phone if need be, please contact us at the number below.
    Thanks, i'll give that a try.

    Sara Lou
    Just because i'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me....

  14. #14
    Member Array RockingGlock32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    433
    i love mine i have a CPX 1. It has fully reliable through 350 rounds down range. i have since had my slide cerakoted in OD green.20130911_164642.jpg

  15. #15
    Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    1,982
    I have a CPX2 and could not be happier. It is my EDC and I love it.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

do cpx2 9mm with clip wont lock
,
scc 9mm gun videos
,

sccy

,

sccy 9mm

,
sccy 9mm 2 generation
,
sccy 9mm pistol
,
sccy cpx1tt- 2gen 9mm
,
sccy firearms youtube videos
,
sccy forum
,
sccy gen 1-2 pistol
,
sccy slide lock
,
which magazine fits sccy 9mm
Click on a term to search for related topics.