Glock, Smith, etc. hats, or shirts...

This is a discussion on Glock, Smith, etc. hats, or shirts... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Don't know if this fits here or not. How does everyone feel about wearing clothing such as hats and shirts that say Glock or Smith ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock, Smith, etc. hats, or shirts...

Don't know if this fits here or not. How does everyone feel about wearing clothing such as hats and shirts that say Glock or Smith or whatever your brand is? Considering your carrying, is this a giveaway, is it inviting someone to examine you? Or do you not worry about it and wear what you want?

most people dont even look at your hat i wear my smith glock Springfield hat and obsessive compulsive hunter hat all the time

tell me the last 5 people you say today and what there hats said ? only time Ive even been asked about my hat is gun range and someone asking me where i got it

True, thanks.

I do give a second glance at people wearing gun clothes simply because there is a chance we could shoot the bull over guns. But that is because I am a gun guy and I would notice things like this. I don't really think gun clothing will give you away but I like to dress nicely with collared shirts, leather jackets and slacks so clothes with letters on them I wear to the or shooting or working on my cars...or mowing the lawn...or you get the idea.
    Sure man, wear Glock clothes :D I support that messege!!
    Last edited by Scott; December 4th, 2006 at 12:51 AM. Reason: profanity in any language is not allowed

It's a clue

If I see somebody wearing a "Glock" cap, I figure they may be carrying.

If I see somebody wearing a "Hillary" cap, I doubt if they are carrying.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I only wear such clothing to the range and on training days.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

VIP Member
    I wear a NRA hat and a smith shirt when appropriate.

Shirts

I have a collection of industry shirts and such. I do try to save them for working at the gunshop. But, if I make a stop on the way there or home, I don't worry too much about it. Same with the NRA shirts. I don't think one percent of the even notice you EXIST. Much less what you wear, and even less that you're CCW.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I dress like a refugee from illshootyoustan anyway , if they can draw a conclusion from my day to day dress let them lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I ware a remmington hat all the time. I have a few NRA shirts. No one has ever made any comments or even looked at me funny while wearing these. I also have a shirt my sister gave me for my birthday that says "Celebrate Diversity" and has a broad array of handguns displayed on the front, and I do wear it in general public while carrying. This shirt does get some stares and comments from strangers. Supprisingly only positive comments. I don't worry about it.
    Last edited by Bud White; December 3rd, 2006 at 10:06 PM. Reason: spelling error
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

VIP Member
    Had a barber ask me what a G-lock was once. The most overt stuff I wear are a Sig shirt with a sig on the back, and a local gun store shirt. Otherwise no one seems to notice except other gun people.

I was wearing my S&W mock neck with the logo on the neck and a gun guy made a comment about it. My wife wears her NRA life member jacket all the time and occassionally will be asked if she is a member and shooter. She is both and a certified instructor as well.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Hoping that the acronym will get recognized by the right people, I wore an NRA hat and a cammo shirt to court while trying to get out of jury duty. Unfortunately instead of a violent crime trial I ended up in a street racing trial Those are two days out of my life I will never get back (from the jury room: we know in our innermost heart that he street raced but the prosecution did not convince us of it... it was me vs stubborn sheep as there was no QUESTION that the kid was racing).

I don't do it. I stay away from advertising for the most part even though I want to. I do train and go to the range with my logo gear though. At times I will also wear a 5.11 hat or a discreat NRA shirt or something but that's about it. I just prefer to stay as low as possible.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Administrator
    I refuse to be a billboard for any company who is not giving me a paycheck for doing so. Its even worse when they want me to pay for clothing with their logo as big as life on it.

I have a Sig sticker on my safe, does that count?
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links