Defensive Carry banner

Targets G19 & G26

2K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  bigpapa 
#1 · (Edited)
I rented the 19 & 26 the other day to see which one I want to get next, I might try some other but this is my first stage of my searching. BTW this was at 15 ft. with 50 rounds each, I wanted to get some what an average for now.

G26

G19

See less See more
#7 ·
Admittedly, I am certainly NOT the sharpest tool in the shed, 'cause sometimes I haven't the foggiest idea what a new thread is supposed to ask, show or tell. Uhhh... nice shooting?

#9 ·
Which one did you shoot first, and which one second? And at what distance(s)?

Perhaps, if you shot the 26 first, the more accurate shooting on the 19 target could be simply a result of your having gotten acquainted with Glock on the first target. Or, perhaps the lack of a place to put your pinky finger on the 26 could have made a difference. Grip extender mag plates will correct that problem - if it is a problem. I use Pearce.

#10 ·
I shot the 26 first , I was aiming at the head on with the 26 but I wasn't aiming at the head with the 19, both targets was done at 15 ft. I'm thinking that with the 26 I can get better but then again I was aiming for the head, the guy that I got my XDs which is a FFL had a Gen 4 G19 but I didn't really like the grip. He had it for about $500 dollars which I almost got it but I wanted to do some more testing. I love them both but I need or want to get one, conceal is not big of a problem because I can conceal my XDm 4.5 pretty good.

I like them both and I will probadly get them both in time for now only one, and yeah you're right about time I shot the 19 I was a little better as far as knowing what to expect.

#11 ·
Thanks for posting the detailed answers to my questions. Whichever Glock you decide to buy "first" - Welcome to Glock-ville!

(I also shoot S&W revolvers and know that there is a place in our lives for more than one brand, even though I sometimes don't admit it....) :wave:

#12 ·
Thanks, I was toying with the ideal to just stay with the .45's or get a 9mm because I don't have any 9mm just two .45.

#13 ·
If its for carrying and concealing isn't a problem, then the G19 would be the better option, as in 15 rd vs 10 rd.

Sara Lou

Reactions: bigpapa
#18 ·
Yep, I just order some Talon Grip, which I have them on my XDs.

#17 ·
cayman, I like that way you think so I was out on the base the other day because I'm retire MSG and see a G19 4G with factory night sight so I put it on layaway and hopefully will get it out soon.

Reactions: cayman_shen
#19 ·
I looked at the 19 and 26 in both gen 3 and gen 4. I bought the gen 3 19. It just fit my hand better. YMMV

#21 ·
Off topic a bit, but seeing the kind of targets that the OP used, brings me back to a thought that head shots are not nearly as difficult as most seem to think. I honestly wonder why so many seem to think that a head shot is something they will almost certainly miss.

I have come to the conclusion that it is probably two things; 1. they shoot at too great a distance for realistic SD practice, and 2. They dont use silhouette, or targets with body shape & head.

#22 ·
I have come to the conclusion that it is probably two things; 1. they shoot at too great a distance for realistic SD practice, and 2. They dont use silhouette, or targets with body shape & head.
#3- The head moves much more than the chest. Unless it's a piece of paper.

I've been carrying a G19 for about 4 years. I've seen no reason to change.

#23 ·
And plus under stress it might be more difficult.

#24 ·
Hey, I have a question can I use +P HP in my g19 and if so what are you guys using?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.