Go Pros used as training aids?

This is a discussion on Go Pros used as training aids? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been playing with the hero3 silver go pro, learning it's operation, how to edit the raw footage, etc for the last 6 months in ...

Thread: Go Pros used as training aids?

Sponsor

Go Pros used as training aids?

I've been playing with the hero3 silver go pro, learning it's operation, how to edit the raw footage, etc for the last 6 months in preparation for releasing some you tube vids of the skills I train others in across the US and here in my home state of Az.

What came to my attention is this--- the videoing oneself shooting can be slowed down and used as a training aid as well.

Anyone use a go pro to record their shooting? I have mine set up for helmet use, and also use a tripod to get the full effect of myself drawing and firing as well as the target in the frames for instant feedback on hits. I use the 1080x30 setting with protune turned on. I'm finding the more I vid the shooting the more I can use them for any remedial necessary.
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

2. Remove Ads

I've been using a Midland XTC Action Camera for a couple of years. Videoing practice sessions is the best thing I done. If you can't see what your doing wrong you can't fix it.

I haven't used a GoPro, but I did pick up a Contour just before I left the States. Right now it's mounted to my helmet via my goggles; eventually I'll get the proper mount.

I've only used it a few times, but it did help tremendously.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Sponsor
    Thanks for the replies, I'm surprised more people don't have the go pros and use them for self diagnosis after a shooting session [ not just target shooting but running through some skills training with movement etc/
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Im a Combat Photographer... We have go pros but I prefer the Contour. We use them a lot when training to get our weapons manipulations techniques down better and demonstrate what we did/ did not do properly.

I WAS JUST VIEWING THIS......MUST SEE HEROES AT WORK !!!!!

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Video is a invaluable tool for improving just about any physical skill. It will show you your errors and validate good form.

I use a Midland camera to record my skiing and some training/IDPA. However, I find I get a lot better info from my Canon SX50 on a tripod off to the side when training.

Links