Bushmaster Customer Service

This is a discussion on Bushmaster Customer Service within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; First off, no flaming about Bushmaster. I picked up a Carbon 15 after reading pros and cons and since it's my first AR, that it ...

Thread: Bushmaster Customer Service

Bushmaster Customer Service

First off, no flaming about Bushmaster. I picked up a Carbon 15 after reading pros and cons and since it's my first AR, that it will see very light duty and the price was right, I picked it up.

Anyway, I haven't fired it yet as I've been waiting for my ammo to arrive this weekend but I can't keep my hands off it and have been disassembling and lubing and tinkering. Anyway, I just wanted to mention my experiences with Bushy's Customer Service.

I've e-mailed them 4 times with multiple questions per e-mail. On 3 of those, I had 2 responses within 10-15 minutes; VERY GOOD, detailed information. Of the 4th e-mail, only 1 response but still within 15 minutes. And the 4th dealt with something as minor as the rubber, spring-loaded protective caps for the optics not staying shut. They requested my mailing info and are sending replacements out immediately. I'll update when they arrive but so far, I'm a bit impressed. Now to see early next week if the gun performs as well.

2. Remove Ads

Nice to hear.

Sounds about as it should be!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Sounds about as it should be!
    True. But nowadays, you're never sure until you begin to deal with a company for the first time. When I was younger, it was totally expected. Nowadays, you're thrilled when it happens.

Doesnt get any better than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke0955 View Post
    First off, no flaming about Bushmaster. I picked up a Carbon 15 after reading pros and cons and since it's my first AR, that it will see very light duty and the price was right, I picked it up.

Anyway, I haven't fired it yet as I've been waiting for my ammo to arrive this weekend but I can't keep my hands off it and have been disassembling and lubing and tinkering. Anyway, I just wanted to mention my experiences with Bushy's Customer Service.

I've e-mailed them 4 times with multiple questions per e-mail. On 3 of those, I had 2 responses within 10-15 minutes; VERY GOOD, detailed information. Of the 4th e-mail, only 1 response but still within 15 minutes. And the 4th dealt with something as minor as the rubber, spring-loaded protective caps for the optics not staying shut. They requested my mailing info and are sending replacements out immediately. I'll update when they arrive but so far, I'm a bit impressed. Now to see early next week if the gun performs as well.
    I have a Carbon 15 and the sight covers do that same annoying thing. Let me know how it turns out. If they send you better ones then maybe I will contact them, too. One piece of advice, don't try to shoot steel cased ammo through this rifle. I was trying to save $ by using steel cased ammo and was getting a lot of FTFs until I switched to brass. Before switching, sometimes I couldn't get it to fire a single round out of a mag!

After reading about the Bushmaster's and AR's in general, I'm staying away from anything but brass. I have 120 rounds Federal American Eagle for inexpensive range ammo on it's way to see if my C15 likes it and I'll try a few others in small quantities before I order any large quantities. I'm already stocking 8 other calibers. One thing of interest was that my C15 appeared bone dry. She's nice and "wet" now.

I'll update this post when I get the replacement covers.

UPDATE:

Today I received 2 pairs of red dot lens caps; 1 pair in an envelope labeled with a Remington return address and another identical pair in an unmarked envelope. I would have been happy with one pair but I'll take 'em!

So my question is, are Bushmaster and Remington one and the same? What's the connection?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke0955 View Post
    UPDATE:

Today I received 2 pairs of red dot lens caps; 1 pair in an envelope labeled with a Remington return address and another identical pair in an unmarked envelope. I would have been happy with one pair but I'll take 'em!

So my question is, are Bushmaster and Remington one and the same? What's the connection?
    Thanks for the update. Dunno about the connection. The fact that they sent you 2 may mean that they don't have much confidence in the solution. :( Does it seem like they fit better? Mine seemed flaky from the very beginning.

Bushmaster was purchased by Remington some time ago.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Quote Originally Posted by perfection View Post
    ... The fact that they sent you 2 may mean that they don't have much confidence in the solution. :( Does it seem like they fit better? Mine seemed flaky from the very beginning.
    I'm guessing that the one hand didn't know what the other was doing and sent 2 pair separately. The fact that one envelope said Remington and the other had no labeling makes me think 2 different departments got involved and I'm not complaining.

I tossed the bad OE set and put one new set on. They fit nice and tight and actually stay shut.

Quote Originally Posted by MoMike View Post
    Bushmaster was purchased by Remington some time ago.
    Thanks for the info, MoMike.

Well, since they seemed to fit well for you, I went ahead and called Bushmaster. They are sending me 2 Red Dot dust covers in the mail. I'll report back when I get mine. Thanks for this thread.

For Bolt lube I use synthetic grease,oil seems to burn off and get gunky really fast,grease really starts lubing once it warms up and does a better job IMHO
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links