What would be a decent budget scope for a Marlin .22?

This is a discussion on What would be a decent budget scope for a Marlin .22? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've got it narrowed down to a few choices. Of these choices which do you think is the best. Bushnell 4x32mm Bushnell 4 x 32 ...

Thread: What would be a decent budget scope for a Marlin .22?

What would be a decent budget scope for a Marlin .22?

I've got it narrowed down to a few choices. Of these choices which do you think is the best.

Bushnell 4x32mm Bushnell 4 x 32 Multi-X Rimfire Scope - Walmart.com

Simmons 22 mag 3-9x32mm AO Simmons 22 Mag Rimfire Rifle Scope 3-9x 32mm Adjustable Objective

Or Simmons 3-9x32mm with no AO
    Simmons 22 Mag Rimfire Rifle Scope 3-9x 32mm Truplex Reticle Matte

Simmons 22mag 4x32mm
    Simmons 22 Mag Rimfire Rifle Scope 4x 32mm Truplex Reticle Matte Rings

Are the rings that come with the scope sufficient or will I need to get something better. If so what height will I need to look for for the Marlin Glenfield Model 20 bolt action? Any recommendations on better rings? Are these any good? Would I be able to use the iron sights with these if need be?

Accushot Medium:
    AccuShot Premium 1-Inch Weaver Style See-Thru Medium Profile Rings:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors

Accushot High:
    AccuShot Premium 1-Inch Weaver Style See-Thru High-Pro Rings:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors

Leupold High Rings:
    Amazon
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

2. Remove Ads

I'd get this one it is 3x7 variable and under 20 bucks ,the rings it comes with are fine and designed for the rails on 22 rifles

Tasco 3-7 x 20 Rim Fire Scope: Hunting : Walmart.com
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'd get this one it is 3x7 variable and under 20 bucks ,the rings it comes with are fine and designed for the rails on 22 rifles

Tasco 3-7 x 20 Rim Fire Scope: Hunting : Walmart.com
    That looks like a good option. How is the warranty on that one? I guess at that price it don't really matter. Thanks
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Out of the bunch you listed the Simmons 22 mag is not bad. If you up your price range a bit Natchez Shooters has Nikon Pro-Staff on sale for $79.95. It is a top notch rimfire scope with great glass! Enjoy your Marlin!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

I've had a few Nikons. Frankly, on the low-end of the Nikon scale, a 3-9x would be hard to pass up. That's about as "budget" as I would go ... on any rifle. As some have posted above, you can occasionally find them for a sweet deal. And the optics and quality are far better than most any other "budget" option you can consider, at least by comparison to the dozen or so competing alternatives that I've experienced (and passed on).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I put this Barska 2-7x30mm Mil-Dot scope on my Winchester .22 with the old blade sights. Cost about $50. and Walmart sometimes has them.

I never get up to the 7x, but I can bag squirrels all day at 3-4x.
    Barska 2-7x32 AO, Airgun, Black Matte, Mil-Dot $54.00

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    Out of the bunch you listed the Simmons 22 mag is not bad. If you up your price range a bit Natchez Shooters has Nikon Pro-Staff on sale for $79.95. It is a top notch rimfire scope with great glass! Enjoy your Marlin!
    Could you post a link to the one your referring to? I searched the website and I'm only coming up with one for $130? For a Nikon I'd be willing to go $80

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    Could you post a link to the one your referring to? I searched the website and I'm only coming up with one for $130? For a Nikon I'd be willing to go $80
    Natchez Shooter's Supply. A quickie Google search finds it, natchezss.com.

Direct link to the Nikon scope prices @ Natchez: click.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    This came out of the Natchez Shooters Supply winter 2013 catalog that I just got in the mail today. It is the Pro-Staff 4x32 Silver Nikoplex part # NK6306 $79.95 or Pro-Staff 2-7x32 Matte Nikoplex part # NK6308 $89.95. Their toll free is 1-800-251-7833. Hope that helps you!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Links