Mosin m44 Crowd Pleaser

This is a discussion on Mosin m44 Crowd Pleaser within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Picked up an M44 a few months ago and been really enjoying shooting it at the outside range. It is just so much fun to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pgrass101

Thread: Mosin m44 Crowd Pleaser

Mosin m44 Crowd Pleaser

Picked up an M44 a few months ago and been really enjoying shooting it at the outside range. It is just so much fun to shoot is accurate enough, cheap to feed always makes someone come over to check it out. The AR guys really seem to get annoyed when the old commie gun with the loud boom draws more questions than their tricked out rigs. Well Saturday I got out to the range a bit later than usual and didn't get to the m44 until the sun was starting to set with deep shadows falling over the range. Out comes the m44 work the action line up the sights deep breath release, hold....KABOOM!!! GIANT FIREBALL!!!! *** from somewhere down the line. Wow first time I fired the m44 in this low a light. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. As quickly as possible. Big grin, buddy laughing, couple of guys coming over to see the show. Let a few of the range members have a go at it some said no thanks that looks painful. Sooo love this rifle. My hats off to all fighting men and women but all respect to the Gretest Generation who engaged in combat using any of the old battle rifles be they Garands, Mosins, Enfields, etc.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    They are fun to shoot. The fireballs are an attention getter. Just make sure you are wearing hearing protection. Those things are LOUD! I have 3 Mosins.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Plugs and muffs. Yep learned that first time out. 3 huh.....I might be coming down with a bad case of the dreaded Mosinitis.

Sponsor
    Yup, Mosins are great guns! I love them, I've become pretty fast at working the action with an angled, open handed slam to the bolt both on the open and close. I currently have an M44 and an M91-30 and am always on the lookout for a good deal on another.

While the ammo is about double the price it was when I bought my first mosin (90 bucks for 880 rounds shipped, now about 170 for the same) it is still the cheapest centerfire rifle round you can get (from what I've seen at least).

The best value gun I own.

-Clay
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

VIP Member
    Heehee, I love my M44. Glad you enjoy yours. It's always fun parting the grass on front of you.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Remember the first time I heard/saw/felt one fired. I was next to the guy shooting it. He let me shoot it. I definitely want one. Love the 44 as it is not 27 ft long like the original
    Last edited by BigJon10125; October 1st, 2013 at 06:22 PM.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Senior Moderator
    I like my 44. I wonder if you stuck a hot dog on the bayonet and the shot the Mosin if it would cook the wiener
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Now get an Obrez to go with it!

BlueNinja.......that hurts just looking at it. Damn that's so wrong it's just right!!!!

M44s are awesome. If you ever stumble across an M38 for a good price...well, those are also awesome. I have many Mosins.

Links