Buying SHotgun Advice

Buying SHotgun Advice

This is a discussion on Buying SHotgun Advice within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not really for home defense, I am getting started in clay shooting and will probably start hunting birds. I am leaning towards a semi auto ...

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Buying SHotgun Advice

Not really for home defense, I am getting started in clay shooting and will probably start hunting birds. I am leaning towards a semi auto but the choices are baffling. I do not want to spend a fortune, but I also do not want to cheap out (ie Turkish). Something like a Remington 1100, I am willing to spend around a grand. Suggestions from you folks who shoot clays, trap, skeet and hunt pheasant, grouse etc.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

You can get yourself a VERY nice autoloader for a grand. Bottom line is, don't worry about buying a 3.5" capable gun. You can do anything you want to with 2.75&3". I shoot shotguns a bunch, bird hunting is all I do. Beretta has never done me wrong. I shoot an older 391 Urika 2, but the newer A400 series guns are great guns. The A300 Outlander is an affordable dependable option with the new gas system in it. It's also assembled here in the states I think.

Also, Benelli makes awesome products. Just as dependable as Beretta. You really can't go wrong with either one, just pick what fits you best!

Links