My New Glock

This is a discussion on My New Glock within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I bought the gen 4 glock 26 today with meprolight night sights for $650 out the door today at my LGS. I am pretty excited ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My New Glock

My New Glock

I bought the gen 4 glock 26 today with meprolight night sights for $650 out the door today at my LGS. I am pretty excited about it and cant wait to get it to the range. here are some pics with it beside my Taurus 709 slim which will now be my retired EDC gun with the glock taking its place.
    Attached Images
    wmhawth, StormRhydr and WHEC724 like this.

2. Remove Ads

Nice. And pics make the thread a reality.

I also have the PT 709 Slim. Don't have a Glock though.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I really like how easy the 709 is to conceal and i was worried the glock would be harder because of the thickness but even in my cheap Uncle Mikes holster the glock is just as easy if not easier to conceal beause i dont have the pinky extension so the handle is much shorter. I also like the 10rd mag capacity of the glock vs. 7rds on the 709. I carry at about 3:30 on my right side.

Sweet! If I were to get a Glock it would be the 26. That and the 30s.
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Awesome, congrats on getting a new glock, I have the g19 4 gen on layaway, I'm just waiting for the talon grip and alien gear holster shell to come in the mail.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Nice and congrats!!! The 26 Gen 4 will be my next purchase too.

Congrats on your new Glock, they make a fine product. The G26 is a huge seller, lately. I have been issued many Glocks over my LE career and love their reliability 'out-of-the-box'.
    They have amazing triggers (5.5LB?) and the sites were all 'decent-enough' for LE work. Glocks are always a good value.
    Better sights are needed for competition shooting, though, but that would not be on a G26.

They are great 'Kodak' guns for those who want to just point & shoot with no manual safeties or complications, but a holster that covers the trigger, can make them a good CCW choice.
    zonker1986 likes this.

Glock > Taurus x 10 for sure. Great choice! The 26 will serve you very well. It hides a lot better than you'd think, even with that thickness.
    GhostMaker likes this.

You will love the g26. I always carried a thinner gun with less rounds as well. I thought the Glock would be too hard to conceal. As you said, the short handle makes a lot of difference. Not to mention that I can make really tight groups with the gun. I love my g26 gen 4!

I havent shot the gun yet but i can shoot my friends glock 22 .40cal well without much practice so im hoping to have the same if not better results from my 26. Im wanting to get a better holster and upgrade from my uncle mikes but im so idecisive on what to get. i want something that is easy to take on and off so ill keep researching. Thanks everyone.

You can check out N82Tactical holster you might like them, I have the Pro. for my XDs.

This is my first target shooting a rented G26 at 15 yds.

Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Distinguished Member
    Nice, congrats!
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Congrats! Happy shooting!

I'm sure you will like the 26. It was my first ever Glock purchase and still my favorite. What holster do you plan to carry in?

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Before you shoot your new G26 and find you are disappointed with it, just send it to me and i'll save you the misery of owning it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links