Defensive Carry banner

Colt Sistema 1927

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Wayne 
#1 ·
Okay, got the close up dealie working on the camera (it was so easy, it took a caveman to show me how to do it :embarassed: ).

As you know, I purchased the Colt from Florida Gun Works and then after I had paid my money came onto the board and what I heard about FGW scared the heck outta me. But, I got one and I was kinda worried about the scarring on the pistol, on the slide release side and tried to take pics but didn't know how to do it. So now, here it the pitting I was talking about, on the left hand side and on the bottom of the frame:

Bottom of Frame:

left hand side, no flash:

left hand side, flash:

same:

Next post will be of barrel.

Wayne

See less See more
#2 ·
Here are a few other pics and a question:

Barrel: It's kinda rough but not too bad. I haven't fired it yet so I don't know if the accuracy is off or not. If it is then I may get a replacement but the barrel is numbered the same as all the other parts so it has to be kept:

Now, I have a question, what is this seal/mark thats been stamped into the frame?:

again:

Here is the trigger and below that the fit... it's actually pretty tight, not loose like my Balister Molina:

If you need, I can try to take closer pics of that stamp if that will help.

Wayne

#3 ·
That stamp is new to me - but would be interested to see if anyone has info. Mine has same markings on left side of slide but no stamp.

I posted this pic before but might as well add it again.

#5 ·
Wayne - I picked up a Chip McCormick trigger at a gun show and eventually got to fitting it.

Some slight ''tweaks'' IIRC but simple and small - mainly smoothing I think. Once fitted tho I did notice more , a small ''snick'' as trigger came back.

Long story short - sent hammer, sear and disconnect down to Johnnie (1911 Tuner) in NC and he dressed the angles for me very kindly - once all back together the snick was gone and it feels great.

I have kept the old trigger so I can get gun back to full spec. I do tho HATE the front sight but to change that would be too much from original. Still fun to shoot tho - now and again.

#6 ·
Chris,

Thanks, I will prob. need to get a good 'smith on the horn for when I want to do the upgrades. Right now the only thing that I want to do is the trigger but it sounds like it should be an outside job.

Was wanting to make a BBQ qun out of one of my .45's but in a way I really don't want to use the Sistema. When I saw it and the pitting that had been reblued/park'ed over I thought that it was the one but in a way I like it the way that it is.

But, those projects are off to the side now, just put in an order for the 11.5" upper from Del-Ton (sorry, the dems getting both houses, here in Oregon especially and with a dem governor, I'm running scared, I'll admit it).

Thanks again :).

Wayne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.