I have a confession

This is a discussion on I have a confession within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have done a bad thing. I snuck into my wife's makeup bag and stolen all of those foam eye liner applicators. They work awesome ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: I have a confession

I have a confession

I have done a bad thing. I snuck into my wife's makeup bag and stolen all of those foam eye liner applicators. They work awesome for applying lube to this skinny little rails on my glock. I have also stolen all of her special makeup a-tips, pointy in one side, flat on the other side. I had bought a bunch of those "swab it's" on line, but discovered that her stuff laying all over the bathroom counter is virtually the same thing. Now I find myself I. The makeup aisle at Walmart getting stares. Am I the only one out there that uses makeup applicators to clean their guns? I can't believe I am.

By the way, sorry to trick you into reading this post with the subject line. Couldn't resist.
    patri0t and gatorbait51 like this.

2. Remove Ads

My wife knows what I need for my guns in the makeup isle. She buys what I need and leaves them in a neat pile on the kitchen table. She usually does this every so often without me asking. I married a good one! (Not that yours isn't.)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

I would have to do more than buy stuff in the Make-Up Aisle at Wal-Mart to get stared at around here.

My mother trained me well. She used to send me to the drugstore to buy "Feminine Napkins" fifty years ago. (I think she used to forget to buy 'em herself, on purpose, just so she could torture me).
    By the time my GF's mother asked me to, "Run to the Store", I was immune to any Gawkers.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CCIE33560 View Post
    I have done a bad thing. I snuck into my wife's makeup bag and stolen all of those foam eye liner applicators. They work awesome for applying lube to this skinny little rails on my glock. I have also stolen all of her special makeup a-tips, pointy in one side, flat on the other side. I had bought a bunch of those "swab it's" on line, but discovered that her stuff laying all over the bathroom counter is virtually the same thing. Now I find myself I. The makeup aisle at Walmart getting stares. Am I the only one out there that uses makeup applicators to clean their guns? I can't believe I am.

By the way, sorry to trick you into reading this post with the subject line. Couldn't resist.
    Yep and I use dental brushes as well

Make up brushes are just a "gateway" drug. I've gone hard core and found that once or twice a year the major hobby stores run a special on their 1 inch foam paint brushes and you can get them for a nickle a piece. Yup, 20 for a buck. Then you can cut them down to different sizes to work for all kinds of tight area applications of CLP or oil. I've got shoe boxes of them squirreled away.

$T2eC16RHJH8E9qSEVne!BQs+EbyiRw~~60_35.JPG
    BugDude likes this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Q-tips. Lots and lots of Q-tips. Cheap and effective. Oh, and toothbrushes.
    pittypat21 and miller_man like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    Yupp.. I know some people do not like using Q-tips for gun cleaning, but I go through them by the boatload lol

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Speaking of getting into makeup bags, I read a short article once in a Readers Digest where a woman claimed that she found her 3 yo son sitting on the floor with her chapstick. He was liberally applying it to the cat's behind while the cat stood there tail straight up in the air enjoying the process. He looked at her, pointed to the cat's butt and said, "Chapped". Yup, she thought, it does look chapped. Then she wondered how many times he had done that before and had she used the chapstick afterwards.

I must be doing something wrong. I use old toothbrushes, but for lube I put a light drop of Gunzilla in the slide rail slot and let it run down the length of the slide, then wipe away the excess. Leaves a nice little film. To wipe dry areas, I just layer a dry cotton cloth over the toothbrush and wipe away. No need for qtips or makeup applicators for me...not that there's anything wrong with them.
    pittypat21 and oldman45 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    I would have to do more than buy stuff in the Make-Up Aisle at Wal-Mart to get stared at around here.

My mother trained me well. She used to send me to the drugstore to buy "Feminine Napkins" fifty years ago. (I think she used to forget to buy 'em herself, on purpose, just so she could torture me).
    By the time my GF's mother asked me to, "Run to the Store", I was immune to any Gawkers.
    What to clean the shotgun barrels
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    Personally I don't dig in my wife's make-up bag, purse or suitcase ! In 38 years of marriage, there's stuff in there that I've never been able to fully identify. BTW, to the ladies, I fully support and commend you for your efforts, ya'll look absolutely great. For me, all I really need is a bar of soap, a comb and a toothbrush. Granted, if I were female I couldn't do what ya'll do, and no doubt I'd be the worlds ugliest woman.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Personally I don't dig in my wife's make-up bag, purse or suitcase ! In 38 years of marriage, there's stuff in there that I've never been able to fully identify. BTW, to the ladies, I fully support and commend you for your efforts, ya'll look absolutely great. For me, all I really need is a bar of soap, a comb and a toothbrush. Granted, if I were female I couldn't do what ya'll do, and no doubt I'd be the worlds ugliest woman.
    I could not Pay Mary Kay to make me a an attractive lady .

I'm with PPK on this i never go into my wife's purse or gear and she don't go in my wallet . Been working for 34 yrs.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Old toothbrush and Qtips for me. As for lube it's CLP on the rails and I let gravity do the application. Finish off with a wipe down and I consider it done. This has worked for me for twenty five years; I see no need to rob the wife of her war paint applicators.
    oneshot, BugDude and BurgerBoy like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    I could not Pay Mary Kay to make me a an attractive lady .
    Can't imagine you or I could afford the price, even if they would take the money. But then, it's hard to make a guy look good in a gunny sack carrying a bar of soap ... no matter how many Q-Tips are used.

Old tooth brushes. Q-Tips work wonders, on the rails. Been doing that for years.

OP: you got brass, there. The deep recesses of a purse can be the holy of holies. Who knows what secrets are stuffed in there, or what wrath could ensue if caught disturbing "the dead." Oooh, someone likes the path less traveled.
    oneshot and welder516 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post

^^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^

this is all I'm admitting to in a public forum.

Some of you guys need professional help with the wild fetishes you are admitting to!!!
    miller_man likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links