Things are back in stock

Things are back in stock

This is a discussion on Things are back in stock within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I live in Portland. Girlfriend lives near Seattle. On a recent visit to her, I stopped in my FGS (favorite gun shop) in that area ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By rcsoftexas
  • 1 Post By welder516
  • 1 Post By oneshot
  • 1 Post By Badey
  • 1 Post By BlackStallion29

Thread: Things are back in stock

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Things are back in stock

I live in Portland. Girlfriend lives near Seattle. On a recent visit to her, I stopped in my FGS (favorite gun shop) in that area to see what things were like. I noticed lots and lots of ARs hanging on the wall and just a few percentage points above "before time" prices. Lots of 5.56 and .223 ammo, albeit .65 cents a round. Plenty of other ammo, too, but at the higher prices. They also had lots of handguns.

Back to "normal"? Don't think so, but things are available again, just in time for the next zombie apocalypse.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

With the Fed. G. shut down, perhaps their over buying of ammo and guns will stop long enough to help with the supply and demand problem which otherwise helps keep those prices doubled and shelves empty. I know every 'x' they place on every day in October is another nights sleep they justifiably/laughably loose!

"If guns kill people then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk and spoons made Rosie O’Donnell fat."
    - Author Unknown
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I think things are just slightly better here in Maryland . On a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 2 now it is a 3 or 4 .

Prices are still high gun stores with ranges still will not sell their ammo at this point. Once i see the range type stores selling ammo again then it still is tight .
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    I think things are just slightly better here in Maryland . On a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 2 now it is a 3 or 4 .

Prices are still high gun stores with ranges still will not sell their ammo at this point. Once i see the range type stores selling ammo again then it still is tight .

^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^

Mi. & N. Ohio sucks.

Firearms are back a little bit, but if you want anything in the way of ammo other than boatloads of shotgun or MOST of the main caliber of rifle ammo, or .45 & .40, of both FMJ and HP forget it.
    Most only have a high price on the few boxes of HP .38 .357 9mm. .223 & 5.56 are high when you get it
    And.22 ammo?
    Ha!
    You would have a better chance of playing pick-up-sticks with your butt cheeks than finding .22 ammo.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I can generally find 9mm, 5.56, etc. I can get a couple 50 round boxes of .22 lr, but I have only seen a couple of bulk packs since this thing started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    I've been seeing a bit more ammo stocked on the shelves lately in some of the smaller gun shops around town here in NE Ohio. I know one place was wanting $45 for a 100 count box of .40 WWB, but I can get the same thing at Walmart for ten bucks cheaper.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

VIP Member
    Here in SW Ohio...things have been pretty good at my favorite LGS: all calibers and brands. But I definitely know things are better because for the last three weeks, I've found 9mm (WWB and Federal...50 rd ct and 100 rd ct boxes) at Walmart (along with some other calibers). They've even had .22 LR ammo. Good signs that things are getting there...not fully there yet...but getting there.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    I can buy a truck load of .45acp , 40S&W and .223 ammo. It is plentifull around here. So are the plastic guns and many semi guns from real gunsmiths such as S&W, Ruger, Springfield and others.

What I cannot buy but do not need are the boxes of .22LR.

Nor do I understand why the .22LR would be in short supply. Why would people be wanting .22LR ammo unless they are going to be doing a lot of shooting at coke cans.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Loosened up a bit in South Texas, as well.....and prices have come back down a little on ammo!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    For the first time in a while,a walmart near me had 150rd packs of 5.56 nato rds and other handgun ammo.About the only thing they didn't have were 22s.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    I found 150 rnd value boxes of American eagle 5.56 for 79.00 a box. If I would of had a gun chambered for it I would have bought a few. Found plenty of .45 and .40 but 9mm is still short and no .22lr at all.

Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    I can buy a truck load of .45acp , 40S&W and .223 ammo. It is plentifull around here. So are the plastic guns and many semi guns from real gunsmiths such as S&W, Ruger, Springfield and others.

What I cannot buy but do not need are the boxes of .22LR.

Nor do I understand why the .22LR would be in short supply. Why would people be wanting .22LR ammo unless they are going to be doing a lot of shooting at coke cans.
    It is the same here.. Firearms of every kind are back and almost at pre frenzy prices. Ammo in every caliber is around - including 22lr now (but it is not the best brands for the .22lr) Ammo prices are still somewhat inflated but getting close to pre craziness levels. I am surprised to hear some places are still having so much trouble?

I live in America and my best friend is near Portland. So we are meeting on events and some special days. Last night I go with him on a shop where we get any type of gun so I want to buy a gun and I said name of this brand so the shop keeper said this is very old brand and now we are not take all this oldest brad. I am very worry about this because it is my favorite and I want to use it to hunting wild animals from Japan forest next month. Someone suggest me what I do now.

I was visiting the grandkids in Surprise AZ last week. They wanted to go shooting and Cabellas didn't have my caliber. I got up early the next morning (0500) and went to Wally World upon my arrival I found a family group Dad two Sons Mom and Grandma sitting in lawn chairs sipping bottled water. They had looked on the Walmart app and seen 15 bulk packs of .22lr were coming in. They said they had arrived at 0400hrs. Several other shoppers showed up and left apparently familiar with these folks and their habits. At approx. 0700 the ammo counter opened and each one of the group bought three boxes of 555 rds. As long as this behavior continues so will the shortages.

Links