Videos Liberals Hate that make the argument against Gun Control

This is a discussion on Videos Liberals Hate that make the argument against Gun Control within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How many of us have friends that think we are nuts for wanting to defend our 2nd Amendment rights. Most of them voted for our ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Videos Liberals Hate that make the argument against Gun Control

How many of us have friends that think we are nuts for wanting to defend
    our 2nd Amendment rights. Most of them voted for our current president
    and are usually liberal in their beliefs. Give them this link and then ask them to
    watch these videos then explain to you how citizens not having firearms is a good thing.
    Australia has tried this and it FAILED and the poor lady from Luby's will touch your heart.

Videos Liberals will Hate

VIP Member
    Liberals don't think, they emote.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdxn View Post
    How many of us have friends that think we are nuts for wanting to defend our 2nd Amendment rights.
    Have a family littered with that sort of thinking, that since it hasn't yet happened to them then nobody else can have any need to prepare for such things. Which begs the questions: why have insurance; why is it called insurance; and, are you prepared to bet your life on that hope?

Yup. "Emoting" doesn't stop an upraised knife. Ability to stop the upraised knife does. And it gets pretty hard to stop it without effective means to do so ... like, being armed and trained accordingly. Works far better than a finger, phone and prayer, when the chips are down. Hard to get around that one.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

That's asinine. You're guilty of the same idiotic stereotypes that you criticize in others. I'm a little to the left of Pelosi, probably to the left of Stalin, but staunchly pro gun. I'm a life member of the NRA (even though they're mostly whackos). You seem to be working pretty hard on that self fulfilling prophecy. If you want to change minds instead of preaching to the choir you have a pretty poor sales pitch working.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Many liberals are not anti gun. Many who are anti gun are only anti gun because they don't know better. Broad, divisive labels certainly don't help our cause.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    technomonster likes this.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    i know plenty of liberals who have no interest in taking any of your guns whatsoever, they have their own guns.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

I found it to be more so in a joking manner than literally or "forreal". I too know a good bit of liberals who are pro-2A and are just as active in fighting for the preservation of it as I am.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

MJK
    My mother is a staunch Roosevelt liberal God bless her...but she has ALWAYS been good with me carrying around her home whenever I visit.

Sometimes I wonder how I turned out to be the political black sheep of the family. Ha!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Phaedrus, you accuse someone of using "idiotic stereotypes" then go on to label NRA members of being mostly wackos? Who is really using idiotic stereotypes here?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    That's asinine. You're guilty of the same idiotic stereotypes that you criticize in others. I'm a little to the left of Pelosi, probably to the left of Stalin, but staunchly pro gun. I'm a life member of the NRA (even though they're mostly whackos). You seem to be working pretty hard on that self fulfilling prophecy. If you want to change minds instead of preaching to the choir you have a pretty poor sales pitch working.
    I'm not politically correct, and you're obviously not that liberal.
    gatorbait51 and oneshot like this.

I would have to disagree. I'm pretty sure that I think. I asked my dad and he said he thinks as well. Sometimes I wonder about my mom but I am pretty sure that she thinks as well. I asked my buddy in the office across the hall and he said that contrary to what his wife thinks he also thinks. I hope this doesn't mean we have to get rid of our guns because we are liberals :(

WHEC724 likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    If you want to change minds instead of preaching to the choir you have a pretty poor sales pitch working.
    I've been preaching this for years. We are our own worst enemies sometimes... Insulting someone is generally not the way to go about getting them to look more favorably about a given subject.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I am going to take both sides here. Whec is right in that the main Progressive tactic is to use emotion and try to avoid reasoning.

At the same time, it is past time for Conservatives to stop acting and thinking that gun rights is their sole territory.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I would have to disagree. I'm pretty sure that I think. I asked my dad and he said he thinks as well. Sometimes I wonder about my mom but I am pretty sure that she thinks as well. I asked my buddy in the office across the hall and he said that contrary to what his wife thinks he also thinks. I hope this doesn't mean we have to get rid of our guns because we are liberals :(
    Actually Rollo, I thought of you (in a good way) when I posted that. Obviously, I was painting with a broad brush in that statement. Yes, you are more liberal than I am, but like it or not, I think you're still fairly conservative. My blanket statement was directed towards the emotional arguments lacking any reasoning that are often put forth by progressives.

I see no need to extrapolate my statement into trying to draw a line where someone is determined to be a lemming liberal (besides, I've certainly seen my share of lemming conservatives). Anybody left of me who still retains the right and ability to think for themselves has my sincere apology, in that I do not intend my statement to apply to them.
    gatorbait51 and oneshot like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links