How many is TOO many?

How many is TOO many?

This is a discussion on How many is TOO many? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok, so I've got a handful of guns now - both long and short. I've got a couple of handguns, a couple of shotguns, a ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many is TOO many?

How many is TOO many?

Ok, so I've got a handful of guns now - both long and short.

I've got a couple of handguns, a couple of shotguns, a shiny new 30-06. I need a little .22 plinking rifle and maybe a semi-auto combat rifle at some point.

2 - handguns
    2 - shotguns
    1 - hp/hunting/snipe rifles
    0 - battle/shtf rifles
    0 - plinking rifles

I'm sure some of you have more guns than I have hairs left on my pointy little head.

Let's hear it!
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

how many guns is too many?
    does not compute....I don't even understand the question.
    nor could I answer the question since I honestly don't know how many I own off the top of my head

Same here, don't know right off hand how many I have.... not including the BB/Pellet guns, the last count was around 25 or so (which really isn't that much).

Wayne

Talking

Too many is when you don't want or need a new one haven't come to that point yet in 45 years of buying and horse trading, got way to manyto count. so I don't even try anymore.
    Gun Control: What a long strange trip it's been

How many guns is too many/ do you need? My mom asks me that all the time, and I tell her as many as I can get. I'm starting to drag my dad down the same road too, as his number of firearms has increased dramatically since I've started shooting. My collection includes shotguns, level action rifles, SHTF rifles, .22s, wheel guns including a ball and cap, and semi-auto pistols. Still need a good bolt action rifle though. I'll say that my number is in the double digits. I'm still young too (21) and the number will increase exponentially until I die prolly. They all have a certian place in the safe and uses.
    Last edited by buckeye .45; December 5th, 2006 at 03:37 PM.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

According to the gun grabbers, more than 5 should require an "arsenal license". A bolt is considered a firearm.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

VIP Member

Talking

My New Year's Resolution last year was to face up to my...problem...and not purchase any firearms this year...

Since January 1st, I've only bought 5, but I know that I can stop...can stop anytime...can stop...Hey, look, the new CDNN catalog is here!...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

PapaScout:

There’s a really easy answer to a variation on your question. If the question is, “how many guns is enough,” the answer is always, “just one more.”

No mater how many you have or how many you’ve just bought, the answer’s always, “just one more.” It’s pretty simple, but it’s worked well for me over the years.

HG
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that is where he is." -- James Thurber

VIP Member
    I'm not to triple digits....YET. My ultimate goal is to have one (or three) of everything. If it goes bang, I want it.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Having "too many guns" is like having "too much money." I'd like to have both problems.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

I guess I'm a weenie. I have just a few pistols and rifles and only one shotgun.

One of my fellow instructors said he has 70 firearms in all.

I am jealous.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    You have to have every single gun ever made and then repeat process so you don't damage the collection, then repeat process for each family member and loved one, then repeat process to have just incase they rust.

Don't worry I'm sure the ATF will let you know if you cross a line (after the fact).
    See also: Waco
    Two of my favorite responses:
    "What is it about gun control laws that makes you feel safe?"
    "For the same reason I always wear my seatbelt."

I Forget the Exact Number...

seem the number for too many firearms was somewhere between 4,000 & 5,000...I'm not there yet!

Stay safe...keep buying...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member
    no such thing as too many!
    RKBA

John

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links