1911 part... where do you buy?

This is a discussion on 1911 part... where do you buy? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I had an awesome idea for a sticky thread here.... I am working out a plan to really make my SA 1911 one of ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By dV8r
  • 5 Post By gasmitty

Thread: 1911 part... where do you buy?

So I had an awesome idea for a sticky thread here....
    I am working out a plan to really make my SA 1911 one of a kind, just for me, and have been looking for sources for some various small bits. Being what the interweb is, there is a vast array of "parts suppliers" out there. So, what are some reputable, reliable places where you have sourced 1911 parts.... im not interested in high end, but others may so feel free to list em.

If it helps, I am looking for small bits ( single sided extended thumb safety, main spring housing, beaver tail grip safety, combat hammer,skeletonized trigger, take down lever), specifically with a matte aluminum / steel type finish.

This is now a two part thread as well.....
    If you have a favorite 1911 smith, I am looking for one of those as well. Some links to some knowledgable guys would be great.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

This is where I start: Evolution Gun Works Inc..
    N.M. Edmands likes this.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

I'd start with the Brownell's catalog. Just about everything I've needed or the 'smiths I've used needed was listed there. I'm inclined to spend a few bucks more for the Ed Brown and Wilson parts when it comes to slide lock and safeties, but for pieces like the GI guide rod and spring plug, the garden variety stuff Brownell's carries is just fine. In general, they don't sell junk.

I referred another DC member a while back to Eric Zinn (EZ Performance) in Mesa, AZ, and he was quite happy with the results. Eric has done some modest tuning and repairs for me (nothing challenging needed) and I'm happy to recommend him. Chances are you can find some good talent a lot closer to home, though.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I'd start with the Brownell's catalog. Just about everything I've needed or the 'smiths I've used needed was listed there. I'm inclined to spend a few bucks more for the Ed Brown and Wilson parts when it comes to slide lock and safeties, but for pieces like the GI guide rod and spring plug, the garden variety stuff Brownell's carries is just fine. In general, they don't sell junk.
    Right on, I also use Les Bear parts. Cry once and get it right.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Sponsored Links