Sporting Clays = Fun!

This is a discussion on Sporting Clays = Fun! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I shot sporting clays tonight! I've only done it one other time, a long time ago. It was a blast! I did ok... I had ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Badey

Thread: Sporting Clays = Fun!

Sporting Clays = Fun!

I shot sporting clays tonight! I've only done it one other time, a long time ago. It was a blast!

I did ok... I had so much fun I didn't really care if I hit anything or not, though.

Anyone else shoot clays?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    sid1 likes this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

2. Remove Ads

Love it! One of these days I'd like to try shooting clay with a .22, or maybe even a .410 revolver...

VIP Member
    One time for me , would love to do it again .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Yes I shoot sporting clays a couple times a month along with 5 stand. Got the girlfriend into it ,and she wants to shoot clays more then the hand guns.
    We enjoy switching gun clubs we belong too for some variety.

Sponsor
    I shoot ATA Trap as often as possible, though not as much as I would like. I run a 34" Browning BT99 and I have been keeping my eye out for a skeet gun to move on to sporting clays and/or skeet. Hopefully I'll find a good deal on a Browning Citori.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Usually 2 or 3 rounds of clays a year, tuning up for the dove season, plus a BSA benefit out here. Fun indeed!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member
    A buddy has some family with land and I get an invite to go out with them every once in a while. We shoot lots of stuff - lot of handguns and rifles but we almost always end with throwing and shooting clays. I love it, its probably one of the most fun things I've done shooting. I've only done it 3 times IIRC, but I've been impressed with my ability to hit a little flying disc (with a nice 28" barrel of course) - probably somewhere around 60+% hit rate. It's a blast. There's a skeet shooting course around here, been meaning to get some of us together and go check it out sometime.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I shoot both trap & skeet with my daughters (13 & 15) and occasionally my wife.. I love doing it but need some instruction as my technique is not as good as it should be. My youngest daughter (13) is right handed, but left eye dominant, so she is trying to learn to shoot left handed, she is getting a bit depressed because she keeps missing!! Have to get some lessons quickly and get her moral back before she just gives up..

Gary

Have done it a few times, myself. Loads of fun. Very challenging. Have done it with a few different shotguns, including a SD pump, an over-and-under, a side-by-side "bird" gun. Varying difficulty and challenge, with each.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by thrasherg View Post
    I shoot both trap & skeet with my daughters (13 & 15) and occasionally my wife.. I love doing it but need some instruction as my technique is not as good as it should be. My youngest daughter (13) is right handed, but left eye dominant, so she is trying to learn to shoot left handed, she is getting a bit depressed because she keeps missing!! Have to get some lessons quickly and get her moral back before she just gives up..

Gary
    Gary,
    Try something like the EasyHit or the Meadow's blinder, both block the off side eye from seeing the bead. Both/either will help your daughter learn to shoot with both eyes open which is absolutely critical for consistently high trap scores
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

I use my Judge loaded up with .410, too much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    Gary,
    Try something like the EasyHit or the Meadow's blinder, both block the off side eye from seeing the bead. Both/either will help your daughter learn to shoot with both eyes open which is absolutely critical for consistently high trap scores
    Many thanks for the links, I will definitely try one of them, she shoots targets well right handed, but the club said for skeet she should shoot left handed for best results as she is left eye dominant. If these devices will let her shoot right handed, it could get her interest back.. Sorry to hijack the thread.

Gary

Links