Sig Sauer 1911 TACOPS Pistol

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer 1911 TACOPS Pistol within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am thinking of getting a Sig Sauer 1911 TACOPS pistol.For those of you,who have had any experiences with this pistol,what do you think of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sig Sauer 1911 TACOPS Pistol

Sig Sauer 1911 TACOPS Pistol

I am thinking of getting a Sig Sauer 1911 TACOPS pistol.For those of you,who have had any experiences with this pistol,what do you think of it?Is it any good?How is the SigSauer 1911 TACOPS pistol when it comes to accuracy and reliability?And lastly,how do Sig Sauer 1911 pistols compare to that of Colt?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

Its a sig... whats not to like. I have rented several Sig 1911 models ( nightmare, C3, Stainless) and all were flawless. I wouldnt hesitate to buy one myself if I had the money
    chandler4228 and Aceoky like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

mkh
    I currently have a P226 TacOps and would love to add the 1911 TacOps to my collections.

I previously owned a Sig 1911 Ultra and still owne the Sig 1911 RCS and both are great guns. No experience with the TacOps but as Taurahe said - it's a Sig...what's not to like.

VIP Member
    Why did I click on this thread?

Now I want one too.
    I don't need one though.
    I have a Sig Pro 2340 .357 sig and I love it.
    I know its part "plastic" but It really is a great firearm.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Forgive the ignorance,what are the difference between the Sig Sauer Traditional TACOPS and the just plain TACOPS 1911 pistols?Also,I've been reading about a Sig Sauer TACOPS(Carry) 1911 in a few handgun forums,including this one,but when I go to the Sig Sauer website,I don't see any TACOPS(Carry)1911 pistol.Am I missing something here?
    Thanks again.

VIP Member
    Jack Bauer says stick with the P series pistols but SIXTO has moved away from them so I thinks it's OK to try a 1911.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

I have one and the accuracy is great. 3" groups at 25 yards for me standing. Better than I can do with any other pistol.

If you don't mind that the SIG is not truly a 1911 they are well made guns like all SIGS. I shot my SIG snob friend's Tac Ops at the range a year ago, and it was nice, but nothing spectacular.
    The Para Ordinance Black Ops 1911 is on my radar screen.....pretty much the same gun, and does not suffer from the dreaded external extractor.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    If you don't mind that the SIG is not truly a 1911
    is there something different about the internals of the SIG made 1911?
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Jack Bauer says stick with the P series pistols but SIXTO has moved away from them so I thinks it's OK to try a 1911.
    And the gun market was immediately flooded with used Sigs...
    atctimmy likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
    Forgive the ignorance,what are the difference between the Sig Sauer Traditional TACOPS and the just plain TACOPS 1911 pistols?Also,I've been reading about a Sig Sauer TACOPS(Carry) 1911 in a few handgun forums,including this one,but when I go to the Sig Sauer website,I don't see any TACOPS(Carry)1911 pistol.Am I missing something here?
    Thanks again.
    The traditional is astandard non rail frame, and the regular tac ops has a full length dust shield with rail, as far as I can tell.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

External extractor

BUT....The Sig secrets of proper functioning internal extractors never left Germany. An external extractor on a Sig is a good thing.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

I've had the Sig 1911 TACOPs for about a year now. From what I've seen the TACOPs is just a standard Sig 1911 with a couple of extra's added in the package, mine came with a holster and laser site. First of all it is truly a Sig well made and accurate. It does take some break in as does all well made 1911's. I had a few failure to feeds and at least one stove pipe, now I've run several hundred rounds through it everything is pure butter. It is a true 1911 pistol, I've had it completely stripped to the frame giving a full strip and clean. The parts are interchangeable with any 1911 of the same series on the market today. As you may notice by my signature block I have several 1911's. This is something I do know about.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand.
    Kimber CDP fullsize Kimber CDP Ultra
    Colt Combat Commander Colt Goverment 1991
    Springfield Armory 1911-a1 Sig Sauer GSR 1911

I'm a 1911 guy.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    And the gun market was immediately flooded with used Sigs...
    I haven't completely yet. I still have much love for the Sig classics.

And if I were going to buy a 1911 today, a Sig would be on the short list.
    "Just blame Sixto"

By the way,is there such a thing as a Sig Sauer 1911 TACOPS Carry vbersion as I have been reading about it in other handgun forums,this one included but don't see it in the Sig Sauer website?
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links