Fun range trip today

This is a discussion on Fun range trip today within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Between getting my butt kicked all week from my first round of graduate school exams, and studying for my Saturday exam tomorrow, I decided that ...

Thread: Fun range trip today

Fun range trip today

Between getting my butt kicked all week from my first round of graduate school exams, and studying for my Saturday exam tomorrow, I decided that I needed to take a break, and remind myself that there is at least one thing that I am still pretty decent at. I have been putting in long hours into my studies and jobs, and needed some time to do what I wanted to do, not what I have to do.

Since I didn't have time to go to my preferred outdoor gun club, I just went to the local indoor range, which was thankfully not crowded in the middle of the afternoon.

A half hour of range time really can work wonders. The need to focus on the fundamentals means that there isn't the mental capacity, for me at least, to worry about what else is going on.

An added bonus, is that I finally remembered to take a speaker cable so that I could hook my Droid up to my electronic earpro to stream some music.

Anyways, here is my proof to myself that I still have some skills. This was about 35 rounds from one of my 1911s, at 10 yards. 1911target.jpg
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Been there and done the whole grad school thing... It can be challenging. Nothing some range time can't fix! Looks like fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Well, it's apparent you still had your mind on your studies as evidenced by that 12:30 P.M. zinger on your target
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Lead Moderator
    Nice shooting! Good to get out and relax doing something fun.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

A trip to the range is a huge de-stressor, so is anything else you like to do.

I went last Sunday and realized how perishable shooting skills are.
    After 56 years of shooting regular + 40 years as a State Trooper + years of shooting LE competition, I should have used a "BARN" to get warmed up on.

It was still very relaxing, but I really need to get out more often.
    10 yards is a good self-defense range to practice at since a jury is going to be VERY skeptical of any SD shots beyond 12 feet or so, been there.
    The further the better, though to get proficiency to counter the HUGE stress of a real shoot.

VIP Member
    The range sold you a defective target it has no Center in it ...........i'd ask for my money back
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Fun is very important part of our life because we are humans and we like to do something special and different in our life because if we do same action in our life when we become bore and our interest is become finished. So due to this reason my whole friends make a plane to celebrate charismas day in USA beach so now we arrange a trip so if anyone like to join our fun tip then you must connect with us. We like your joining if you want.
    Last edited by kethy; October 12th, 2013 at 06:35 AM.

I don't get to the range often enough that I can relax and shoot with music. I'm still trying to learn and better my shooting and have to concentrate. But after seeing your results, I have to know what you were listening to. Nice shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    I don't get to the range often enough that I can relax and shoot with music. I'm still trying to learn and better my shooting and have to concentrate. But after seeing your results, I have to know what you were listening to. Nice shooting.
    Orchestra based scores from movie soundtracks actually.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Links