To all you Glock haters out there

This is a discussion on To all you Glock haters out there within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know, I know. Glocks are fun to hate. But I really couldn't be happier with the company after my daughter's G19 gen 4broke. We ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: To all you Glock haters out there

I know, I know. Glocks are fun to hate. But I really couldn't be happier with the company after my daughter's G19 gen 4broke.

We were at IDPA last Thursday night and my daughter was shooting her COF. On the last shot, the slide came soaring off. Pretty intense malfunction for IDPA. Anyway, we headed on over to the safety table to take a look. A fellow IDPA member who works as a ballistics engineer for Federal diagnosed the problem. The take down bar was completely missing because the little spring that holds it in had broken. That man let my daughter shoot his G19 for the rest of the match, and later I found the takedown bar on the ground, but not the spring.

I was bummed out, and everything in the world seemed backwards. I felt dizzy and just not right at all. After all, it must have been cold in hell because my Glock had broken, and I swear I espied pigs flying. I was telling my Federal buddy that I would send it back to Glock. After all, it only has about 500 rounds through it. He told me not to send it for such a small thing, and said he knew the local LEO Glock rep, and gave me his contact info.

I sent him an email at 7:45 pm that night and he replied at 8:05. Said he was sorry to hear about the gun and told me he would come to my house and fix it. We live 70 miles from each other, and honestly I thought it seemed a little weird, so I offered to meet him at Starbucks (I know, ironic) about 50 miles from his house. I was late getting there, but he waited. He fixed my G19 in his car in about 75 seconds. I offered to buy his coffee, but he wouldn't take my money in any way. We then shot he breeze about AR15's (he used to work for JP Industries) and he teased with a tip that Glock is coming out with a couple of new models in January, right before the SHOT show. I thanked him, but he wouldn't let me leave until he gave me a coffee mug, key chain, shooting towel, and grip squeeze ball.

I know, Glocks don't break, let the comments begin. Butt his level of customer service is awesome. My gun was down for only 12 hours total. I can't be sure if maybe he just really respected my Federal buddy and was doing him a favor, if he was just a really nice guy, if Glock is just a really great company, or if the shooting community is just made up of some top notch people. I think it is probably a combination, but thought I would share my experience. Take care everyone.

VIP Member
    I have not broken either of the only two Glocks I own.

Lo Cap IMG_0714.JPG High Cap Hi_Cap.JPG
    southernwi, B_2keys, OD* and 3 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Wow, that is awesome that he was willing to come out that far to help, their not too many customer service like that. I just bought my G19 and love it and with the customer service like that I'm glad that I went with them.
    DetChris and gatorbait51 like this.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5, Shield 9mm
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Why do people let it bother them about what gun they like? I am a MP guy but just bought a Ruger SR 9c and really like it. For all the Ruger haters out there you can kiss where I can't and I'm not talking about my elbow. G locks are very good guns if you like an ugly guns.Tote it with pride. It goes bang and hits where you aim that's what matters.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CCIE33560 View Post
    I know, I know. Glocks are fun to hate. But I really couldn't be happier with the company after my daughter's G19 gen 4broke.

We were at IDPA last Thursday night and my daughter was shooting her COF. On the last shot, the slide came soaring off. Pretty intense malfunction for IDPA. :smile Anyway, we headed on over to the safety table to take a look. A fellow IDPA member who works as a ballistics engineer for Federal diagnosed the problem. The take down bar was completely missing because the little spring that holds it in had broken. That man let my daughter shoot his G19 for the rest of the match, and later I found the takedown bar on the ground, but not the spring.

I was bummed out, and everything in the world seemed backwards. I felt dizzy and just not right at all. After all, it must have been cold in hell because my Glock had broken, and I swear I espied pigs flying. I was telling my Federal buddy that I would send it back to Glock. After all, it only has about 500 rounds through it. He told me not to send it for such a small thing, and said he knew the local LEO Glock rep, and gave me his contact info.

I sent him an email at 7:45 pm that night and he replied at 8:05. Said he was sorry to hear about the gun and told me he would come to my house and fix it. We live 70 miles from each other, and honestly I thought it seemed a little weird, so I offered to meet him at Starbucks (I know, ironic) about 50 miles from his house. I was late getting there, but he waited. He fixed my G19 in his car in about 75 seconds. I offered to buy his coffee, but he wouldn't take my money in any way. We then shot he breeze about AR15's (he used to work for JP Industries) and he teased with a tip that Glock is coming out with a couple of new models in January, right before the SHOT show. I thanked him, but he wouldn't let me leave until he gave me a coffee mug, key chain, shooting towel, and grip squeeze ball.

I know, Glocks don't break, let the comments begin. Butt his level of customer service is awesome. My gun was down for only 12 hours total. I can't be sure if maybe he just really respected my Federal buddy and was doing him a favor, if he was just a really nice guy, if Glock is just a really great company, or if the shooting community is just made up of some top notch people. I think it is probably a combination, but thought I would share my experience. Take care everyone.
    This is great news for you . Stuff happens and Glocks, like any opther machine , will break. Great service it sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by TDH1961 View Post
    Why do people let it bother them about what gun they like? I am a MP guy but just bought a Ruger SR 9c and really like it. For all the Ruger haters out there you can kiss where I can't and I'm not talking about my elbow. G locks are very good guns if you like an ugly guns.Tote it with pride. It goes bang and hits where you aim that's what matters.
    . I totally agree. I don't get caught up in the fan boy stuff, or the haters stuff. I admit I was kind of teasing in my post, but I love my glocks, and my Sigs, and my kimbers. I need an M&P now
    BurgerBoy and gatorbait51 like this.

Glock is coming out with a few new models before the SHOT show??? Oh be still my heart! My wallet is hurting just hearing that!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    I like all guns, only some I like better than others.
    NONAME762 and gen3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Glock is coming out with a few new models before the SHOT show??? Oh be still my heart! My wallet is hurting just hearing that!
    What he said!!!!😊

Semper Paratus et Armare
    Student of the Gun; a beginner once, a student for life.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Sometimes it's not so much the company involved as the individual. Sounds like you got hooked up with a fine individual, regardless of whose name he's associated with.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Lead Moderator
    Anything can and does break. Good to hear a fellow shooter took so much time and effort to help you out.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I like my Glock, and I figure that their are going to be like and dislike, it will be boring to see all pinto driving around with the same house, clothes etc. I'm not a fanboy, I just like glock and some like M&P, SA, etc it just those that don't like them have a problem with them so they got to vent.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5, Shield 9mm
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

I have more Glocks than I do any other brand. I have Two of them!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "...a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Quote Originally Posted by CCIE33560 View Post
    I know, Glocks don't break ...
    And I knew CZ's don't break, but have had one do just that. (Screw backed out internally, ruining the trigger bar operation. Easy LocTite fix, once found.)

Guns are mechanical. There's friction. There's vibration/G's. There's fiddling (ie, "bubba" jobs). There's lack of maintenance. There's too much maintenance (ie, running sopping wet, or whatever). There's mistakes during the reloading process. Anything's possible ... even with Glocks, H&K's, CZ's, Walthers or anything else. One of the immutable facts of these man-made tools we've all got.

Nice story on the assist at the IDPA/range event. I've had similar helping hands occur, here and there. It's always refreshing, the basic sportsmanship and willingness to help fellow shooters get by in something that means a lot to us all.
    Aceoky, gatorbait51 and CCIE33560 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

While I pretty much dislike Glocks I do like your story, CCIE33560.
    Sorta gives one a warm, fuzzy feeling like back when the doctor still made house calls.
    CCIE33560, Aceoky and OD* like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links