Zip guns

This is a discussion on Zip guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anybody ever heard of these things? Looks like fun! Zip Factory The Future of Fun Notification...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Zip guns

Zip guns

Anybody ever heard of these things? Looks like fun!

Zip Factory The Future of Fun

Notification
    "I can show you how to make a bomb out of a roll of toilet paper and a stick of dynamite." Dale Gribble

2. Remove Ads

My understating is that they are weirdly set up and can be a bit weird to use that and at least some of the models had issues with bx-25 mags that and issues with jamming and double fire in some case . That said I have seen them for less then 200 bucks . From all the review I have seen I am a bit leery but I have never shot one . Personal I am not sure the purpose of these ,if I wanted a gun that might work with tlc then I would get a tec-22 at least with thous the big mags work as long as they are metal liped and if you put in non factory parts they are ok . But I would like to know real world how they are to me the controls look dangrouse in lay out

Gun Review: USFA ZiP .22LR | The Truth About Guns
    Gun Review: ZiP .22LR an Ingenious and Problematic Design (VIDEO)

Initially, I have to say no thanks..... one of the videaos i watched showed problem after problem, even if it was cheap, I can pick up a Beretta NEOS for 200 bucks and have fun all day and not clear malfuntions.
    fredg53 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I'll pass !

VIP Member
    I have looked at and handled a few at gun shows, for me I will stay with a more conventional firearm.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Zip guns, yup many moons ago we used to make Zip guns, with a car radio antenna's, blocks of wood, a nail, rubber bands. shot great!. Mom and Dad never knew thank god..

Quote Originally Posted by sealteam20001 View Post
    Zip guns, yup many moons ago we used to make Zip guns, with a car radio antenna's, blocks of wood, a nail, rubber bands. shot great!. Mom and Dad never knew thank god..
    Did you actually read the thread and see what "Zip Gun" is being discussed or just stick with the fairly common DC "click post, don't read thread, add opinion to end" option?

OP...

I've seen em around. At each gun store that I've seen them I've asked how popular they are. I always get the same response...haven't sold one yet. Same ones are sitting under the glass from a few moths back. Looks like a failed business venture to me. There is no way I'd buy something like that when there are so may other .22 LR options around in rifle or pistol form that are proven and have aftermarket support.
    NONAME762 likes this.

Administrator
    You are supposed to be able to slide out that top flat and add an attachment so that you can pop that onto your AR rifle as an accessory .22 LR - But, if you DO that you are in effect turning that ZIP handgun into an SBR.
    So I sure would not just casually do that.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Any time I see 'reliability upgrade kit' available I have to ask why would that be an upgrade? Are you really putting out a product that you know is not 100% reliable? I'll pass thanks..
    Arborigine likes this.

Lead Moderator
    Reviews seem to indicate they are not reliable. Coupled with the odd shape , I will pass.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    My understating is that they are weirdly set up and can be a bit weird to use that and at least some of the models had issues with bx-25 mags that and issues with jamming and double fire in some case . That said I have seen them for less then 200 bucks . From all the review I have seen I am a bit leery but I have never shot one . Personal I am not sure the purpose of these ,if I wanted a gun that might work with tlc then I would get a tec-22 at least with thous the big mags work as long as they are metal liped and if you put in non factory parts they are ok . But I would like to know real world how they are to me the controls look dangrouse in lay out

Gun Review: USFA ZiP .22LR | The Truth About Guns
    Gun Review: ZiP .22LR an Ingenious and Problematic Design (VIDEO)
    I am near 110% in agreement with WrongRecRoom above. Funny they can be had for $200... When they were brand spankin' new they were WAY outta my price range and I mean like in the 3 used 10-22s for the price of 1 new ZipGun.

I recently saw one of these in a LGS in Woolley. They definitely have some unusually weird (features?) near the muzzle.

I'd rather have a suppressed 10-22 SBR in a custom shoulder rig. Scoped of course with a red/green dot doodad too.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I have looked at and handled a few at gun shows, for me I will stay with a more conventional firearm.
    When it comes down to the way cool Terminator Movie guns (or ALIENS 2) I would way sooner like one of those case less ammo (a projectile imbedded in a block of propellant) I can't recall the manufacturer but the magazine holds 50 OR 100 rounds. I wanna say it's a Calico. Or just hand me a Steyr-Aug with 50 30R mags (no paper/4473) and 100,000R and I'll be giggling like a girl for a week.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    I THINK, they look weird because they're made to be mounted on the bottom rail of an AR. The one below is way too far forward, and I think they're supposed to be mounted all the way back by the magazine. They actually look right when slung underneath (this was the only picture I could find). It's sort of like a .22 M203. Er, or something.
    2054713_02_zip_gun__640.jpg

Now, why you need a .22 underneath a 5.56 is anyone's guess, but I would think that the Tactical Tommie's who like their rifles looking like ray guns would be the market for these things. Definitely not something for me, but I've asked about them and they're selling.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Sponsor
    A Davidsons exclusive, they are dangerous. Found to fire out of battery and have other problems with the functionality.

Stay away, far away. Davidsons knows about the issues with them.
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

I'll stick to my Browning Buckmark!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links