Finally a little time to shoot

This is a discussion on Finally a little time to shoot within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Donnie D's A Little Shootin - YouTube Donnie D...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DonnieD

Thread: Finally a little time to shoot

StormRhydr likes this.
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Looked like you was having fun. I need to get back out to the range. I went tot the local one we have here the other day and they didn't have it opened. They were redoing them and adding a couple of more stalls. They were using a backhoe and a bulldozer to cut into the side of a hill. Primitive, but it works. lol!
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStallion29 View Post
    Looked like you was having fun. I need to get back out to the range. I went tot the local one we have here the other day and they didn't have it opened. They were redoing them and adding a couple of more stalls. They were using a backhoe and a bulldozer to cut into the side of a hill. Primitive, but it works. lol!
    Oh yeah, I was havin fun. Allways do when I go shootin. Nothing fancy about where I shoot either, but it's free. Only thing, unlike a fancy range, I have to carry everything with me when I go, but I still have fun.
    Donnie D
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

That's one of the things I miss the most about the old days. Back when gas was 2 bucks a gallon and within 10 miles of my house were half a dozen gravel pits where I could shoot rapid fire all I wanted if I wanted. I mainly shot my 22s and 12G back then. 22 was $3.50 a 100 for CCI and S&B 12G was $10 per 25R box at the gun show. All those places now are built up neighborhoods or gated and locked. On the rare occasion I do go to a range they have a real stinker of a rule, no rapid fire. Not even just 2 quick shots. That rule really chaps my hide.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

I know what you're saying about the good old days, my friend. Maybe if we all keep the pressure on our legeslators to stand up for our constitutional freedoms, we will be able to recapture some of the good ole days, if not for us, maybe for our kids and grandkids. I sure hope so.
    Heck, I've never even been to a commercially owned range, and I hope I never have to.
    Thanks,
    Donnie D

Sponsored Links