Donnie D's Shootin Place

Donnie D's Shootin Place

This is a discussion on Donnie D's Shootin Place within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Donnie D's Shootin Place - YouTube Donnie D...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DonnieD
  • 1 Post By NONAME762

Thread: Donnie D's Shootin Place

Donnie D's Shootin Place

357and40 likes this.
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

Ya know every time I watch one of your vids I learn something new. Tho you didn't actually say so (Saw this on vid after yours) it looks like some of us suffer from 'Old Guy Disease'. And I include myself in that affliction.

Your stick on bifocals video will probably be of great help for those of us whose vision has gone sideways on us. I've had bifocals since I was 45 or so. Only problem is basically I can't see worth a darn when I'm trying to line up my sights when shooting. I've found in the last few months I sight through the upper portion of my glasses with a similar stance as yours. The only problem is if I can focus on the front sight the sight at the muzzle is fuzzy and the paper target is just a blur. This is at distances of less than 20 yards.

It's Hell getting old.
    farsidefan1 likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Ya know every time I watch one of your vids I learn something new. Tho you didn't actually say so (Saw this on vid after yours) it looks like some of us suffer from 'Old Guy Disease'. And I include myself in that affliction.

Your stick on bifocals video will probably be of great help for those of us whose vision has gone sideways on us. I've had bifocals since I was 45 or so. Only problem is basically I can't see worth a darn when I'm trying to line up my sights when shooting. I've found in the last few months I sight through the upper portion of my glasses with a similar stance as yours. The only problem is if I can focus on the front sight the sight at the muzzle is fuzzy and the paper target is just a blur. This is at distances of less than 20 yards.

It's Hell getting old.
    You're right about that gettin old stuff, but check out this vid I posted a bit back after the stick on bifocals vid. You may want to try something like this. These are the glasses I was wearing today:

Donnie D's New Shootin Glasses - YouTube

Donnie D
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post

It's Hell getting old.
    Gittin old ain't fer sissies (my 94 yr old father in law).

LOL you are right. I now train at no more than 10 yards. Gotta hate that.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Well TBT I can't remember the last time I went shooting. Probably 4 to 6 months ago. I've tried the nite glo stuff you add to the sights but the only thing that would really use I think would be a red/green dot laser or a scope of some type. New optics just isn't in the cards for me.

I looked at a couple of the new light weight carry guns with built in lasers I really liked. Between the high cost of the guns+the ammo I'm between a rock and a hard place. If I trained at ranges I could be effective it probably would be within that 10 yards. That's just plain scary as it's too close for comfort and the 21 foot rule.

I don't go out that much since I retired. Plus not driving to work 5 and 6 days a week at least limits my exposure to hood rats and their ilk. When at home as I write this I've got from one to 3 handguns within arms length 24/7. I'm another of those who sits with my back to the wall at home and when out and about.

Yeah FSF your FIL is right...gittin' old sure ain't for sissies!!
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Sponsored Links