Is this legal?

This is a discussion on Is this legal? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; They just ruled against the folks in that original link... http://www.firefaster.com/ IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: ATF DECIDES THE AKINS ACCELERATOR™ TO BE A MACHINEGUN Akins Group Inc. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this legal?

They just ruled against the folks in that original link...
    http://www.firefaster.com/

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: ATF DECIDES THE AKINS ACCELERATOR™ TO BE A MACHINEGUN
    Akins Group Inc. regrets to announce that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has reversed its position and has decided the Akins Accelerator™ to be a machinegun conversion kit, thereby subjecting it to strict regulation under the Gun Control Act (GCA) and National Firearms Act (NFA).

ATF rescinded its previous determination that the Akins Accelerator™ was not subject to the GCA or NFA (see http://www.firefaster.com/documentation.html). Attorneys for the Akins Group Inc. are seeking reconsideration by ATF of its new position. In the interim, any sale, transfer, or return of the Akins Accelerator™ must be suspended. Akins Group Inc. will advise further after meeting with ATF.

Akins Group Inc. has received no instruction as to the disposition of units in customer hands. Please refrain from public speculation and emotional responses and allow our Attorneys to advocate for everyone's best interests.

--Update 4/12/07--
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Saw that coming.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    IIRC this came down some time ago , there is a downloadable affidavit that you fill out and send to atf , along with the spring from the AA and you are in the clear . Akins is appealing the ruling so we will see how it plays out .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Makes me want one!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

What real purpose does this serve or any other attachment for that matter except to burn more ammo. When are you going to get in and altercation that you need to leagally fire a weapon fully automatic. I personally have never desired to fire a full auto weapon.

I suppose if I was as millionaire and could affore a fully armed MIG29 it might be fun. I guess that I am just to old to appreciate destroying my guns by burning ammo.

I will admit though that if I had to fortify my house I would love to have a Dillin Aero.

me
    "(ATF) has reversed its position and has decided the Akins Accelerator™ to be a machinegun conversion kit"
    I love how at any time the ATF just changes their mind and makes something that they ruled legal illegal. To me this smells of Anti-captilalism and Fascist Government.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I, Also, See No Need...

If you're going auto...get the real thing and LOTS of ammo...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    The original concept was to build stocks and kits for a variety of rifles. In fact the original proof of concept was built on an SKS. The use IMHO was to make the fun of a simulated full auto ( easy bump fireing ) available to the folks in a variety of ban states where full auto cannot be owned. Initial Production went to the 10-22 because it is available in all 50 states and with thier stock and device you could at least taste the fun of nfa items at a far more affordable scale than the real thing .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links