Ruger P95 problems

Ruger P95 problems

This is a discussion on Ruger P95 problems within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey guys I have a Ruger P95 that is about 2 years old and was bought brand new. It is used as a daily carry ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BugDude

Thread: Ruger P95 problems

Ruger P95 problems

Hey guys I have a Ruger P95 that is about 2 years old and was bought brand new. It is used as a daily carry gun (always carried with a round in the chamber) and has had about 1000 rounds through it. I shot it about a month ago and everything worked great. I went out yesterday and it will not fire more than one shot at a time and leaves the empty casing in the gun, however if you pull the slide back it ejects just fine. I am not sure what is causing this????? I have ordered new recoil springs as the current ones are very soft to the point that with a little jerk the slide opens between a 1/4 to 1/2 an inch. I do not know if soft recoil springs would cause this or not?? Any help would be very much appreciated as I am down to one gun

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Check the extractor and extractor spring. The P95 slide is ridiculously easy to disassemble. This is a DIY fix.

Wow, I've never heard of anyone having a problem with a P95. It's like seeing a unicorn or something. I bought a very old one used a long time ago and have shot the bejeezes out of that thing and it never misses a beat. I'll be interested to watch and see what this ends up being.
    Taurahe likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Distinguished Member Array miller_man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Wow, I've never heard of anyone having a problem with a P95. It's like seeing a unicorn or something. I bought a very old one used a long time ago and have shot the bejeezes out of that thing and it never misses a beat. I'll be interested to watch and see what this ends up being.
    Ditto here. I had to get myself a P series Ruger after coming across countless posts of people who've never had a single issue with theirs.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

If you bought your gun new I would check and see if Ruger's warranty would cover your recoil spring and extractor issue because they should last much longer than a thousand rounds, unless you have fired extremely hot reloads through your pistol. I have owned P95's in the past and have never had any issues whatsoever with them. If you haven't already I would suggest giving your gun a good cleaning and then see what happens.

I do have to add that I intentionally bought an older one with the smooth grip and no frame rails rather than a newer one. The older ones are like tanks...can't speak for the newer ones.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Try disassembly clean and then shoot it. Something's wrong. Is the recoil spring under the slidestop or something? Have you cleaned the extractor? Brass chips built up in the extractor groove? Does the 95 have the aluminum guide rod? Is it damaged?

Sponsored Links