Evil Thoughts

Evil Thoughts

This is a discussion on Evil Thoughts within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've had my brother's no-frills Colt Officers in my safe for years. He told me I could just keep it in there because he's run ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evil Thoughts

VIP Member

Talking Evil Thoughts

I've had my brother's no-frills Colt Officers in my safe for years. He told me I could just keep it in there because he's run out of space in both his gun safes and because I insisted on shooting it.

So it's been in my safe for a long, long time. He never asks about it or wants it back so he can shoot it, but he knows I still have it... And I've been trying not to get attached to it by taking it out all the time. It's really asking for a set of nice grips...

So one day my brother mumbles about Christmas and not being able to figure out what people want.

"So, when are you going to give me that Colt that's in my safe?" I joked. I've on several occasions over the years asked him to sell it to me, but he's never wanted to. (What's one worth, anyway?)

He mumbled that I might end up getting it for Christmas because he really didn't want to spend a lot of money on people this year. He's maxed-out financially by making irresponsible choices in choosing and making payments on expensive non-necessities.

Well, that was a couple months ago, and he calls me up a few nights ago and asks me what I want for Christmas.

I did the usual "oh, I don't know, it's no big deal. Don't even worry about it" while I was looking at my safe sideways.

So I'm wondering if I should push the hint buttons some more. Giving me the Colt means he doesn't have to spend one dime on a Christmas present for me, but on the other hand, I almost feel like I'm taking advantage of him.

:7:
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Why not? Taking advantage of him? For God's sake! The guy has so many guns that he has filled up TWO gun safes! Letting him give you one of them hardly seems to me like "taking advantage." Quite the contrary, I think you'd be doing him a favor.

Go for the Colt. Atleast it will stay in the family, and even if you don't mention it, your brother will likely go out and spend money he doesn't have on you because thats what a brother is supposed to do. I think you would likely be helping him by making the suggestion. When it comes to a 1911, it's ok to be a little selfish!!

Just out and tell him! Hell, I already got my gift from my parents, but I'm thinking about asking my father one of these days to let me take a shotgun or rifle home with me since he doesn't use 'em anymore!

VIP Member
    He's a man. Tell him what you want and it is likely what you will get.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Senior Moderator
    I don't know what birth order you and your brother are. But being the youngest of three brothers, I do know that there is no way I could take advantage of them that would make up for all of the noogies and wedgies I recieved in my youth

Assistant Administrator
    Go for it Betty - he knows you have mentioned it b4 so remind him!!

Bottom line - you both benefit
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    pgrass101,

There's just me and my brother, and he's three years older than me. Noogies were responded to with proper force escalation. I'm surprised we still have all our teeth and eyeballs.

We were taught that if we asked for things, we were being selfish and greedy (don't ask), so I consider it a "no-no" to tell him what I want, especially since it's (price-wise) more than what I have for him for Christmas. On the other hand, he did ask. The main reason I haven't told him I wanted it was because of his financial strains, and even though his problem is entirely self-inflicted, I feel like asking for the gun is taking advantage of his financial status.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Senior Moderator
    Betty,

If you will feel guilty, then there is really no way you can do it. I don't think I could if there really was the slightest feeling that I might really being taking advantage of my brothers. I would not feel guility if there was a price difference in between gifts. I am sorry if my previous post was a little lighter than you meant. I was more trying for a laugh. I have a rifle of my oldest brothers in my gun locker now. It will either go back to my brother or my nephew, even though I have had it for over 10 years I could not think about keeping it. I do shoot it and use it, and it will go to his son eventually even if my brother never handles it again. If my nephew or brother doesn't want it that is a different story. Sorry if my previous post didn't help (We did destroy alot of stuff in the wedgie wars )

"What's that? You don't know what to get me for Christmas? I dunno... I mean, y'know how I like guns and stuff... OH YEAH! That reminds me! I still have this Colt you left over here years ago! Remember that old thing?"

I find that on any question I don't ask, the answer is always the same.
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

VIP Member
    Betty, here is a possibility that meets most of the needs here. Call your Brother and tell him that you know what you want for Christmas. When he asks what tell him that you want him to sell you the Colt. He will probably give you a great price on it. The beauty of this idea is that you get the Colt for a great price, he doesn't spend more than he should for you, and you get to help him out toward the other gifts he needs to buy. If he tries to give it to you simply refuse and remind him that you what you want for Christmas is to buy the Colt not receive it.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Betty, here is a possibility that meets most of the needs here. Call your Brother and tell him that you know what you want for Christmas. When he asks what tell him that you want him to sell you the Colt. He will probably give you a great price on it. The beauty of this idea is that you get the Colt for a great price, he doesn't spend more than he should for you, and you get to help him out toward the other gifts he needs to buy. If he tries to give it to you simply refuse and remind him that you what you want for Christmas is to buy the Colt not receive it.
    George you are a genius

Administrator
    Hi Betty
    The Colt Officers is a sweet little carry gun.
    I hope that he gifts it to you. You would really like it a lot.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Lead Moderator
    Betty, like you said....... He did ask!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links