My new OWB rig ;^)

This is a discussion on My new OWB rig ;^) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been wanting one of these for a while. A Browning Hi-Power made in Canada during WWII with the wood stock/holster. Short history lesson. When ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By PAcanis

Thread: My new OWB rig ;^)

My new OWB rig ;^)

I've been wanting one of these for a while. A Browning Hi-Power made in Canada during WWII with the wood stock/holster.
    Short history lesson.
    When it looked like the Nazis were going to take over the Belgium FN plant producing Browning Hi-Powers, blueprints were copied and smuggled out. A plant in Toronto called the John Inglis Co. started producing them, pretty much to meet a large order by the Chinese, who were having their own problems with Japan. The Chinese never got the bulk of their order though and these Hi-Powers were issued to Canadian soldiers and certain British forces. And the stocks were never shipped or issued to begin with, which is why they remained in such good shape (there are many copies out there, but they would be illegal without a SBR stamp).
    The only pistol to be issued to both the Allies and the Axis. And from what I can find, the first to utilize a double-stack magazine, which is why these 9mm pistols were called Hi-Powers. This one is called a NO1 mk1*. The asterisk means the slide could accept the upgraded hammer, extractor and ejector, which it has. The tangent rear sight was something the Chinese wanted. It goes up to 500 yds. hmmm...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Nice find and interesting history!

VIP Member
    Interesting piece of history.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Sweet very nice...

Thanks guys.
    I'm hoping to put a mag or two through it tomorrow. I'm really curious what I can do with that stock. The bore looks really good for being used. Another indicator the Chinese never got a hold of this one.

Great looking package and interesting history. I'd be interested in seeing what I could do with that stock as well.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I'm sharing this very nice !
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Very nice find. Looking forward to hearing how it shoots.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Links